What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackline??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eels Blackline..

1 McConkie Tuasa - Samoan
2 Jarryd Hayne - Fiji
3 Krisnan INU - New Zealand Maori
4 Timana Tahu - Maori/Aboriginal
5 Etu Uasele - Tongan
6 Feleti Mateo -- Tongan
7 Michael Lett --- Aboriginal

D

Deleted member 10972

Azkatro said:
Justin Smith is part aboriginal I believe.

I had a feeling someone might have a go at suggesting Rod Jensen was ever part of the Cowboys backline, but that is stretching the truth for the sake of argument.

He played on the wing in round 1 2004 to cover for Ty Williams who was at fullback in place of the injured Matt Bowen.
In rounds 11, 14, 15 and 17 he was in the centres to cover for the injured Paul Bowman.
Then for the next 5 weeks he was named at fullback and wing for the five games where Matt Bowen played off the bench.

Then his next 44 appearances to date saw him start in the second row once (when the Cowboys smashed the Dogs on the Gold Coast in round 12 2005), in the centres once (round 17 2005 against the Warriors, covering for Origin absentees) and 42 games off the bench.

So it'd be better to say that through 2005, the Cowboys backline was:

Matt Bowen
Ty Williams
Josh Hannay
Paul Bowman
Matt Sing
Justin Smith
Johnathan Thurston

Although the halves could also be touted as being Thurston / Firman, that was the lineup for the rest of the finals series after Firman was starting halfback when the Wests Tigers belted us 50-6 in THAT qualifying final.

In the match of question, i think it was v Bulldogs, 2005 after Origin, a friday night match, David Myles started in the centres instead of the injured Bowman, but Jensen ended the match there, Ty was in the centres instead of the injured Hannay, with B Bowen on the wing.

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters Blackline

Amos Roberts
Sam Perrett
Iosia Soliola
Setaimata Sa
Vince Mellars (SKD is Kiwi as well though)
??
??

Can do a pack too:

Willie Brown
Craig Wing
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Mickey Paea
Lopini Paea
Anthony Tupou

Steve Meredith
Charlie Tonga

Latest posts