What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock on Friday night

Willow

Assistant Moderator
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="95%" align=center border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Blacklock in Union firsts this weekend</td></tr> <tr> <td align=left width="100%"> Former St George and Kangaroo winger Nathan Blacklock has been named in the Southern Districts starting line up for this Friday's nights rugby union match against Northern Suburbs at North Sydney Oval.
This will be Blacklock's first game in a run-on side in union first grade. He has already played two games in reserve grade and played as a replacement in the firsts.
First grade kicks off at 7:30PM. from: [url]http://www.leagueunlimited-online.com[/url]</td></tr></tbody></table>

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't think he is, Benny.
But I only put up the post for anyone who might want to make up their own mind by seeing him play a full game.
Considering the other signings, he will battle to make the Wallabies. Plusis playing for a much reduced wage. Additionally, he has dropped in profile almost overnight. Perhaps its the latter part which appealed to him the most.

fetch.dll

imported_Hazy

Juniors
Willow - I think when the signing was done, it was mentioned that Tingha was only being looked at as a Waratah, no 'walk-up to the Wallabies' like Sailor and Rogers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hazy, yep he was signed as a Waratah but he also spoke of the new challenges and how he hoped to get a run in the RWC. The Tuqiri investment, I mean signature, would have put an end to that.

Thats cool Benny. Didnt notice anyone having a swipe. :DI agreed with you.

Apparently Blacklock was not on great money with Saints even allowing for the upgraded contract he was given.
He will find trouble with he size and lack of kicking game in the rah rahs.
Heres hoping hes got an escape clause to go back where he belongs

P

pepe

tingha put in a fine kick and regather at leichardt last year to win the match on the siren,i'm not so sure he is'nt siuted to union,he's probably getting a better grounding by playing club games than being thrown straight into the deep end as sailor did,at least he may understand the rules if he is selected for rep honours unlike sailor.

pepe

C

CanadianSteve

How has Blacklock played in the game(s) since these last posts? Did anyone see him play?