What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson

Scott

Bench
Thoughts on this guy - he has activated a 'if Ricky goes, I go' clause in his contract.

I'd prefer him than Matai to be honest.
A real athelete. Can play centre/wing fullback.
A try scorer and creater as well.
To be honest, he could develop into anything.

We should be making an attempt to lure him across.

hitman82

Bench
Maybe as depth, not insted of Matai though. He's pretty raw. I'd rather us save the coin and develop one of our numerous talented young players than spend up luring a guy like Ferguson over here.
Also he's more a winger than centre IMHO, and isn't really a noted try scorer, though it'd be hard to be while playing for the Sharks.

We need to sign an experienced centre.

ozreece77

Juniors
Maybe as depth, not insted of Matai though. He's pretty raw. I'd rather us save the coin and develop one of our numerous talented young players than spend up luring a guy like Ferguson over here.
Also he's more a winger than centre IMHO, and isn't really a noted try scorer, though it'd be hard to be while playing for the Sharks.

We need to sign an experienced centre.

wouldnt mind him on the wing. Hes pretty good under the high ball on attack and defense, something Locke has trouble with. He has pace, and even though not a noted try scorer, probably not his fault when he has average centres inside him and playing for sharks doesnt help. Would be interesting to see what his stats would be in a top 4 team. Did see him score a fantastic wingers try last year that gets shown in highlight reels from time to time on foxsport.

Rovelli

Bench
Do we need a wing? We got Manu who picks himself (if fit or even near fit). Inu/Locke could play elsewhere, but could be used as wingers. Add Tupou. It's not I don't want Ferguson, but I doubt he wants to come over.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
I think the Raiders are dead set keen on young Ferguson. That kid Nathan Gardner looks sharp though at fullback for the Sharks...

Iafeta

Referee
I think if we get Matai, that's all we really need in terms of the 1-5 positions.

I mean, you have Locke, Hohaia, Vatuvei, Tupou, Inu, Moon, Ropati... and I dare say Lewis Brown as options. Lewis was outstanding again at centre.

Rovelli

Bench
Brown is a very good for a 'makeshift' centre - some of his biggest games have been when he played at centre - today, Bulldogs game, Knights game.

Things are looking positive for 2011, and they are looking good at the moment in 2010.

Skinner

Coach
Thoughts on this guy - he has activated a 'if Ricky goes, I go' clause in his contract.

I'd prefer him than Matai to be honest.
A real athelete. Can play centre/wing fullback.
A try scorer and creater as well.
To be honest, he could develop into anything.

We should be making an attempt to lure him across.

By doing what he has done indicates to me that Blake Ferguson is about Blake Ferguson and not about a team.

No thanks.

Sharkies should flick him right now.

Scott

Bench
By doing what he has done indicates to me that Blake Ferguson is about Blake Ferguson and not about a team.

No thanks.

Sharkies should flick him right now.

I still think his potential is huge but i'd have to agree on your other comments.
Pretty ordinary performance by him on saturday night too, not interested!

Latest posts