What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blokes off conract for next year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Spike said:
fitzgibbon is a glorified workhorse these days. Nothing like the form he showed a few years ago. Wouldn't want him but woud probably pick up a contract somewhere. Wing woud be worthwhile even if he's only used to cover injuries throughout the season.

Actually, at the end of last season Fitzgibbon topped 100 metres in 11 of his last 12 games, & topped 35 tackles in 12 of his last 13. But the way Ricky overused him, along with Morley & Ricketson, lead to them burning out prematurely. Still, hes great for experience, i think the Roosters will keep him, or he might go to a club with lack of experience in their pack, or even ESL.

Tigertread

Juniors
Cowboys off contract: Luke O'Donnell, Paul Bowman, David Faiumu, Shane Tronc, Jason Smith, Brenton Bowen, Ray Cashmere, Justin Smith, Neil Sweeney

ByRd

First Grade
Andrew Ryan isnt off contract this year for the dogs. But if we cannot keep O'Meley, then expect the dogs to be a factor in the open market for once.

Inferno

Coach
Reece Williams and Phil Leuleui are off contract this year in addition to Adam Dykes who is a surprising omission from that article.

Stagger eel

Staff member
doglyf said:
Andrew Ryan isnt off contract this year for the dogs. But if we cannot keep O'Meley, then expect the dogs to be a factor in the open market for once.

are you sure he doesn't have an option in his favour?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tigertread said:
Cowboys off contract: Luke O'Donnell, Paul Bowman, David Faiumu, Shane Tronc, Jason Smith, Brenton Bowen, Ray Cashmere, Justin Smith, Neil Sweeney

Matt Bowen?

Mut

Juniors
Forwards:
Jason Ryles (Dragons) will stay at the Dragqueens,
Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs)looks like Roosters are 1st in line,
Joel Clinton (Panthers) might be disillusioned and move on? Otherwise the panthers would have the funds to keep him,
Paul Gallen (Sharks)Will move on,
Brent Kite (Sea Eagles) Eagles will retain him as a priority,
Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys) I think he will head back to Tigers,
Shaun Berrigan (Broncos) I am betting ESL or rugby
Sam Thaiday (Broncos), Will stay with Brisbane
Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Will sat on.
Sonny Bill Williams (Bulldogs) Will most probably stay or there will be 11th bid from NZ

Backs:
Tim Smith (Eels), Will go to Brian Smiths new club Johns retirement to play with Mullen
Eric Grothe (Eels), Will stay on
Timana Tahu (Eels), Will go home to Knights with Johns cap money available
Brett Kimmorley (Sharks), Roosters, obvious choice
Brent Tate (Broncos), Rugby
Ben Hornby (Dragons) will stay

Special K

Coach
The sharks tried extremely hard to get Berrigan to play centres for us last time he was off contract. Given how much of a game breaker he is I don't see him going to the ESL just yet

McCrud

Juniors
Special K said:
The sharks tried extremely hard to get Berrigan to play centres for us last time he was off contract. Given how much of a game breaker he is I don't see him going to the ESL just yet

You can just about bet your house Berrigan will be 'Bronco-only' when it comes to his NRL career.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Special K said:

Small problem..Berrigan likes to play for successful teams. He has more chance of being successful in England. I am betting he replaces Keiron Cunningham at St Helens.

Redback71

First Grade
the eels lost about 14 players last year and only signed 4 so surely they can come up with the cash to sign grothe, smith and tahu even allowing for player up grades.

caylo

Bench
I doubt that Grothe or Tahu will want to leave, and Smithy will only leave if he isnt offered a contract. Timmy loves parramatta and if he preforms well early on he will be signed by mdi season. Tahu will sign after he figures out his manager stuff, and grothe will be thge last to sign, but will stay on i believe. Also think Parra will make a play at clinton and Omealy, and hopfully nap one.

aids

Bench
paul whateria at the tigers is off contract as well
i hope they re-sign him on a good long term deal

BrisVegas

Juniors
Here is an updated list of players off contract at the Brisbane Broncos at the end of the '07 season. [Source: Sunday Mail]

Petro Civoniceva......[$320k]
Justin Hodges...........[$300k]
Brent Tate...............[$300k]
Shaun Berrigan........[$280k]
Sam Thaiday............[$200k]
Dane Carlaw............[$180k]
Greg Eastwood.........[$150k]
Brad Thorn..............[$150k]
Darius Boyd.............[$120k]
Steve Michaels.........[$120k]

That is $2.1 million, over 50% of the clubs cap space unaccounted for beyond this season.

Priority signings should be Petro Civoniceva and Justin Hodges.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tate head off to union or Berrigan take a big contract in the Super League.

Sam Thaiday should be signed after a contract bump.

Carlaw could be handy to keep around for a few more years while the club bloods some more youngsters as long as he is on a comparable contract.

Brad Thorn is 32 and may be looking for a big contract overseas. If he can be signed up for another year he should be.

Greg Eastwood is one of the clubs most promising youngsters and should have his contract extended. He will likely be a mainstay New Zealand Rep within a few seasons and should be signed up before his price is inflated.

Darius Boyd and Steve Michaels are both Gold Coast juniors. Provided they are not looking at signing with the Titans I think there is a high chance they will be signed up again. Michaels is my pick of the two, but Boyd has spoken of his intention to re-sign this week after the loyalty shown by Bennett to play him in 27 games last year.

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders off contract after 2007:

Vili Faingaa
Craig Frawley
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Steve McLean
Junior Sau
Jason Williams

Yep, that's it. 6 players, only 2 of them with first grade experience (or 7, Dobson may not have signed the extension to 2010 I keep hearing about). McLean, Hinchcliffe and Sau are close to must-keeps, the rest meh not concerned. None of them will take up much cap space in any event.

Latest posts