What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blow up Homebush: Singleton

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why did only 8,000 turn out for the game? Is there really enough interest to sustain a club on the CC?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A four-sided stadium in inner western sydney -> a three-sided stadium on the central coast.

Ever had to sit in the away bays tim? They are absolute sh*t.

Sure the stadium is right next to Brisbane Water but who cares.

Sat right above the Squadron on the night of the coin throwing incident. Had NO trouble viewing the action. Decent enough IMO. Parramatta Stadium was poorly designed - the terrace signage, lack of a decent scoreboard and the fact it's segregated and difficult to access make it sh*thouse.

Bluetongue looked pretty empty to me, how many turned out for the game?
8,761. A poor crowd.
Somebody would have to sit in the crap bays

Seriously, there is no decent seat in that stadium.

sfx26751.jpg
Mate, grow up and stop letting your stupid Jets bias get in the way. No decent seat? Pull the other one.
having never been there , what exactly is wrong with sitting on the half way line 15 rows back?
Ignore him herbert, he's carrying on like a pork chop.
Why did only 8,000 turn out for the game? Is there really enough interest to sustain a club on the CC?
Don't let your agenda blind you :sarcasm: There is more than enough interest here, but there's no doubt the football team has eaten into the potential market. Souths form and the ridiculously freezing weather would've played a part.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

The AFL would kill for crowds like that on the GC or WS. :lol:

As people have said, it wasn't a great matchup and was between two completely neutral teams. That's all there is to it.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Let AFL buy it, build us a better one.

And move a team to Bluetongue.

Yep! For sure, I hate ANZ Stadium and too think before the Olympics some tool from Australia went to The European Championship in 2000 and said Stadium Australia was the best in the world and better then any Stadium in Europe (Can't remember the guys name but he was a high-up Olympic offical) Now look at it, A HUGE WHITE ELEPHANT, I nearly had a heart attack when Rumours went around that Parramatta were moving there, Give me Parramatta Stadium any day of the week, Twice on Sunday.

Let bloody AFL buy it! We don't need it, BlueToungue is such a great little stadium, Just move a team there, The Coasties will support the team, No Doubt.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
for once i agree with singo, yes i know there's an agenda but i do believe anz stadium is a blight on the game.

i dont particualrly care whether this means there's team on the CC or whether teams actually play out of their home grounds (bulldogs excepted but if they blow up anz they'll need to find a new venue).

I dotn want to see leageu going the AFL route which apparently plays most games out of the telstra dome

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would assume Central Coast fans want their own team.

Strange, we get told that if we want a team we have to turn out in large numbers to support NRL games to show their is an interest, not that we get the chance to do that in Perth!

Latest posts