What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown knee forces Timmins retirement

_Johnsy

Referee
Great clubman, modest bloke.

Best of luck in retirement, I for one hope the club will find a spot for him somewhere in the footy club. He may well be a great team manager.

phonetic

Juniors
Thanks for the memories Timmo. You were a great clubman.

My most poignant memory of him, besides the origin field goal, was a try on Anzac Day 2005. Came out of nothing.. he just barged his way on over.

hrundi99

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
LOL.

f**k is this bloke schill or what? I understand press releases, but who actually says that in this context? Good for the sponsors though.

The sponsor's paid for naming rights, so fair enough.

Red Bear

Referee
Good onya Timmo, great career. His gunna be f**ked in retirement tho with those knees. "So bad he cant brush his teeth in the morning" as Roy and HG said.

And yeah, searle is a tool. The jetstar gold coast titans in every sentance, AND the line about him being a great player for st george, NSW and Aust, what about 94-98 at the Steelers?

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
i think that was '00 from memory.

Game 2 to be precise.
I was never a fan of the guy, but he gave his all.
I hope he stays away from street sweepers in the coming yrs...they are a health hazzard...esp when Danny Weidler is around

Gibbo

Juniors
Timmo-legend.
I was so happy for him when he potted that origin field goal-more than made up for the time he missed a conversion from right in front to win a game for the Steelers against Nths.
Hope he stays involved in footy at some level-with his old club the Shellhabour sharks entering the Jim Beam cup there could be a position for him there somewhere.

God-King Dean

Immortal
timmo.jpg

gregstar said:
he's going to have a very painful retirement.

plenty of arthritis, hip replacements, knee surgery etc.

he said as much in '02 after his second knee operation. he was advised by a doctor that if he made a comeback, it would be at the expense of his comfort after football in old age. he said that because footy was his life, he had no option.

i hope science advances in leaps & bounds for his sake.

If his knees give way permantly in the future,he always use a street sweeper for mobility.:sarcasm:

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Gibbo said:
Timmo-legend.
I was so happy for him when he potted that origin field goal-more than made up for the time he missed a conversion from right in front to win a game for the Steelers against Nths.
Hope he stays involved in footy at some level-with his old club the Shellhabour sharks entering the Jim Beam cup there could be a position for him there somewhere.

Gibbo, I think you'll find his junior club was actually the Kiama Knights