What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluebags thrash the Panthers

2 True Blues

Coach
For those that werent at Weekender stadium for what ever reason this arvo here is the score.

No misprint Jets fans.

Newtown 64
Panthers 8.

Panthers scored first to make it 4 nil. At halftime the score was 34 to 4, Jets way. ( Merritt scoring a hat trick in first half ).

Then he scored another two in the second half, ( with his goal kicking he scored 40 individual points . )

The team played really well, Penrith tried their nuts off, however the Jets were just too good.

Was a rough hard game, with plenty of blues etc. Best for the Jets ( well it is hard to pick anyone ). They all played so damn well.

Thought THOMMO was a standout, and Cliff MANUA took the ball forward all day.

The stuff of legends, and not a game any Jets fan would have wanted to miss.

Brings our for and against from 14 to 70, in one big hit.

Bring on Parra at home next weekend. All Jets fans should be on deck and give these boys the support they deserve.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah mate. Scored the last Newtown try of the day I believe, under the sticks with defence all around him, just got the ball down near the left stick,

HALLY scored two and set up several, had a blinder......

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
hmmm.....
Really glad the boys had a field day, and the cougars are far from the worse team.
As usual thanks for the info much appreciated up here in QLD.

I am yet to see this Thommo but it all sounds good, would love to see him have a run off the bench in first - sounds like he deserves it.

Down side is that means Bird will start 6 for us.

Jeffles

Bench
I go to St Mary's and Newtown lose 50-12.
I don't go to St Mary's and Newtown win 64-8.

Bluebag recommended that I be banned from St Mary's for life. Now aside from missing out on seeing Monique, I will consider accepting this ban.

There's really no option - good of the club, all that kind of thing. Sorry, but some things are more important than your personal lusts.

Consider yourself banned.

2 True Blues

Coach
The whole team played well whitepointer. Our forwards wore the ( big mountain men ) down, and they were not happy either. Really rough and tuff game. It wasnt that they did not play well, we just played exceptionally well.

Really played as a team. Great to see, and a game I will NEVER forget. ( Shame about the crowd though )....Relatively piss weak, but loud considering its size....

bluebagger

Juniors
I had a look of my copy of Out of the Blue by Terry Williams last night and there were 3 records from that game v St Mary's on the weekend. 1. Biggest score by Newtown 64 . 2 Biggest margin 56 previous record 51 v Illawarra . Most points by an individual player Natahn Merrett 40 points 5 tries & 10 goals - The previous record was 25 by Tommy Kirk (11 goals & 1 try).
NB - Jack Troy holds the record for the most number of tries in a game for Newtown 6.
Hopefully we can knock of Parra this weekend.

Jeffles

Bench
I wonder what our stats were like in Metro. I wasn't as active a fan back then. Did we have some big wins that would've threaten the records etc?