What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluebags versus Sharks

2 True Blues

Coach

greg said:
I know its still early days but we are no show with this defence. Unless the tackle bags are used a bit more at training we can start planning for 2007 already. How do you see it 2TB? Are we a show this year or are we kidding ourselves? Without seeing a game I've only got statistics to go on.

I think we are definately a show Greg. There is a lot of talent in this team and we do look good in attack. The defence is however in need of improvement and the swapping/changing of players week in and week out is probably a factor in that these guys have not been able to play as a team yet. I thought the defence was solid is sections last weekend and looked improved, however they don't seem to maintain it for the whole game. Defending really well then all of a sudden letting in a soft try. There needs to be more consistantcy.

David GILLEPSIE the defencsive coach used to be called " The Axe " didn't he, and was well known for his skill in defence when he used to play, so I can't figure out what is doin, as you'd think he would be the guy to have if you wanted to improve in this area...??????????

2 True Blues

Coach
With two more injuries in the Roosters line-up we will certainly be under the pump this Saturday. Let's all get LOUD on the hill peoples and let these guys hear us. Hope all Jets fans will be vocal and at the game this Saturday...

Let's PUMP-UP !!!!! guys and let the boys know we are behind them at HENSON this weekend.!!!!!!

Jeffles said:
This deal is no different from the Sharks 2005. Thus we can only attract that same players this year as we could last year - and last year that took us to the finals so it should not be a problem this year.

When we were a stand alone club our results were much worse. We could not as easily attract players that were NRL potential because there wasd no pathway.

I think the size issue is more to do with club tactics.

So the differance between this year and last year is the coach then ?
Its a damn shame that Col was'nt given the job this year as i reckon that the results so have shown that we lack some thing in defence. Col was able to rev the boys up and I'm not sure that can be done this year to the same effect.
I'll be there to cheers the boys on against the Tigers!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Saturday 15th Jets Vs Tigers! Be there or be square!
drphil.jpg

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown Jets fan said:
So the differance between this year and last year is the coach then ?

The coach is different, the players are different, the training is different. The opposition are a year older. More than one variable.

2 True Blues said:

I think we are definately a show Greg. There is a lot of talent in this team and we do look good in attack. The defence is however in need of improvement and the swapping/changing of players week in and week out is probably a factor in that these guys have not been able to play as a team yet. I thought the defence was solid is sections last weekend and looked improved, however they don't seem to maintain it for the whole game. Defending really well then all of a sudden letting in a soft try. There needs to be more consistantcy.

David GILLEPSIE the defencsive coach used to be called " The Axe " didn't he, and was well known for his skill in defence when he used to play, so I can't figure out what is doin, as you'd think he would be the guy to have if you wanted to improve in this area...??????????

hey 2TBs,
I think "the axe" was trevor gillmeister, Gillespie was known as " CEMENT".I see sticky has pinched Hally and Edmondson for first grade this week, Jets will have to fire up on Saturday.

2 True Blues

Coach

colcaseysheadband said:
hey 2TBs,
I think "the axe" was trevor gillmeister, Gillespie was known as " CEMENT".I see sticky has pinched Hally and Edmondson for first grade this week, Jets will have to fire up on Saturday.

Thanks mate. He was apparently known for his solid defence though, so don't know what's doin.....Apparently MEREDITH is also out, and he was awesome last weekend, so it's gonna hurt without them. Just hope the jersey flegg guys have a good game, ( No pressure meant to them !! ). But Three wins from six games sounds a whole lot better then 4 losses from six, that's for sure.

Latest posts