What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluesbags Versus Manly ( 3rd versus 4th )

2 True Blues

Coach
Big game this one. And we never seem to be able to win at Brookie ( or not often anyway ).

Manly are 1 comp point behind us. This game is HUGE for us to give a 3 point win/game buffer btw third and fourth, though just as equally important for them , as they can take third from under us.

Here's the teamlist:

Match details

3.30 pm, Friday, 18 July

Brookvale Oval
Team sheet

Byron Ford
Rhys Pritchard
Damon Alley-Tovio
Toshio Laiseni
Tevita Folau
Sean Rudder
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Rory Kostjasyn
Khalid Deeb
Mickey Paea
Jimmy Andersen ©
Hep Cahill
Ray Moujalli
Tyrone Shelley
Danny Howard
Stanley Waqa

11 all first game against them at Henson. Whose gonna win guys ???

PS... And who is No 17. He debuted last weekend right ? Where is he from etc. Rhino's ??

Last edited:

aelek

Juniors
Big game this one. And we never seem to be able to win at Brookie ( or not often anyway ).

Manly are 1 comp point behind us. This game is HUGE for us to give a 3 point win/game buffer btw third and fourth, though just as equally important for them , as they can take third from under us.

Here's the teamlist:

Match details

3.30 pm, Friday, 18 July

Brookvale Oval
Team sheet

Byron Ford
Rhys Pritchard
Damon Alley-Tovio
Toshio Laiseni
Tevita Folau
Sean Rudder
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Rory Kostjasyn
Khalid Deeb
Mickey Paea
Jimmy Andersen ©
Hep Cahill
Ray Moujalli
Tyrone Shelley
Danny Howard
Stanley Waqa

10 all first game against them at Henson. Whose gonna win guys ???

PS... And who is No 17. He debuted last weekend right ? Where is he from etc. Rhino's ??

He is a roosters u 20's prop.

2 True Blues

Coach
Cheers mate. Thought we may have signed someone midseason.

Big game this one as far as the ladder goes. And I like to see frank Paul in the side IMO along with Mick PAEA and Steve Meredith. Winning combo those guys included.

Anyone got the Manly line-up ??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10972

When Myles returns for Roosters in Round 25 (?), expect Nuuausala to start for Jets, Deeb to drop to bench, and Waqa to drop to Under 20's.

Jets finals team will be Foley/Laiseni (depending on injury), Ford, Grose, Hopoate/Pritchard (depending on injury), Folau, Rudder, Green, Meredith, Kostjaysn, Nuuausala, M Paea, Shackleton/Cahill (depending on injury), Anderson...bench of Shelley, Howard, Deeb, Moujalli.

Very very strong side, could blow most teams off the park.

2 True Blues

Coach
Ta mate. Yeah Grose always goes well for us. Top player IMO. Hope he does play for us, but am sure he has his sights set on a Roosters jersey come semi final NRL footy. Good player though mate, and I'd have him in a Jets jersey any day over some .

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown lost 38-14. They were down 16-14 at half time. Apparently the lads didn't get much ball in the second half.

Don't know much else. I wasn't at the game.

Saw the game but was not good for us.Up until halftime we were close 2nd half were were nowhere.They were too good.All our players played average.One of those days.Interesting to see the coach of wenty Rip Taylor there.:oops:

2 True Blues

Coach

Not a good result. Though they have put cricket scores on us at Brookie for the last few seasons for some reason, ( no matter who is in our side etc ).

Didnt realise that the NRL game was on afterwards originally. They always get very vocally behind their reserve grade from what I have seen in past years seasons ,when I have gone there. Worth a few trys to manly reserve grade when playing in front of a larger crowd at Brookie in the past. Wonder if NRL followed straight afterwards or was the under 20's on after the Jets game ( btw the 2 games ).

** Is this the first time so far this season, that Jets haved played at an NRL ground on an NRL gameday ?? **

Missed a big chance there in either case. 4th , with a fifth placed Windsor next weekend. :?

The under 20s were on after the jets then 1st grade.There was about 200 fans there most were jets supporters.It cost me $65 for a family ticket to sit on the hill.It hurt more when we get smashed as well.Now i know why henson is the best very cheap :cool:as well as being close to home.:lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks for that mate. So absolutely " no excuses " as there was no NRL Manly crowd yelling their side on, as in recent seasons then.

Not good at all.

Windsor and Maggies ( who drew against Wenty this weekend ) are coming at 4th place as well.

Gotta win the crucial games.

2 True Blues

Coach
Is that right. Ta mate.

Lots of new faces coming out, at a time when the jets need to win. It worries me.

Are we goin good In your opinion Outsider. Can we make it this year. ???

outsider

Juniors
Still inconsistent IMO, Just saw the team for the week and bit concerned about Don Thompson at FB struggles at this level. i thought that Byron was good there but did not see last weeks game at Brookie ( away working) and like the Roosters not a happy hunting ground at Brookie.

We have the team to win but need more consistency and the outside defence needs to muscle up.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah. Inconsistent. Know what you mean mate.

Having said that. Have we had the same team on the field for two games in a row all season. Not sure about the other sides, and realise this is reserve grade ( injuries and NRL needs etc SOO etc ). But we need to stick to a winning formula to get there IMO.

Correct me if I am wrong.But have we lost a game, with frank Paul, Micky and steve Meredith in the side together as yet ,for starters.

Must be tough on the coach.

7 games left prior to semi time.

Jets have to win about half of them to be in the 4 IMO. We play Windsor twice as well. We MUST beat then this weekend to be a chance at the top 4 IMO.

Last edited: