What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board elections - My Rant

Parraboy

Juniors
Having seen the events of the past 24 hours, I thought it was finally my time to vent my frustrations.

While it is very sad to have to see Brian go the way he has, he has seen the writing on the wall and while some are calling him a coward for the decision, I applaud him for having the balls and making what would have been a very hard choice to make.
His comment of the club having to make some very had choices is right on the mark.
First hard choice to make is the playing roster. There are a number of players who must sit back each week and wonder just what did they do in a past life to deserve so much luck in this life. Players like Stringer, Cannings, and Wagon are overpaid under achievers. How Stringer is even in first grade is way beyond me. Every week when i see the team sheet and his name is right there at 10, I know that weekend I will be screaming at the tv yet again! He has been the biggest source of my frustration each week, His sloth like approach to the defence line, the slowness of his play the balls, his penalty giving at the start of each match for some rookie SG Ball mistake, and now it seems he has been getting coaching lessons from Corey Pearson with his second reciever and passing game!!!!
These three player are on a staggering 600-700 thou between them a year!
This combined with cutting other deadwood, Burt, O'Dwyer, Peterson, Robinson and sad to say Vella and McKinnon would free up at least a third of our cap. This could be put to better use like upgrading a few contracts and bringing to the club some really good forwards that take on the line with vigor and have the opposition actually fear our pack!! Also Lyon should be a priority signing, the cap will be raised to 4 mil so there is plenty to entice him back, while what he did tastes bad a the back of my throat, It's the club i think about and surley he should be given to oppurtunity to perform for us and repent his sins! better us than Manly!
Now for the board and the CEO. I can think of no better time for the members to let Dennis and his boys how they feel about the way they have handled this situation. It was a disgrace and morally disgusting what they have done. No person in their right mind would agree with what they have done. It was the right time for Brian to leave but it should have been later this year not last year. Nobody can be expected to be given the sack a year in advanced and put 100% into their work. Especially after you have just been treated like something you just scraped of your shoes.
Yes 10 yes is enough as a head coach, but surley 20 years as CEO is enough aswell. Retire Dennis and go on a long holiday, let the club get back to the business of winning premierships!
A gigantic broom needs to be put through the club and it all starts at the top.
Well venting complete! :(:x::)x

Sorry to Say . . .You've Missed your Boat.

Leagues club elections were Last month.

4 Members of that board must also sit on the football club board.

the 7 Members of both boards are the same.

If you want to oust 3 of them, well you have to wait till December and be a member of the football club, which I think half of this Board now is thanks to Hellsy.

Lastly there are those that say how could Brian give his all when he knows his not going to be around next year.

Well I think he is a Professional. The club thinks he is a Professional. So they thought he could do it.

People then say if you had been given the Sack with a year to go would you give your all.

If you Answer no, then that is you. But also remember that you are not a first grade football coach.

If Brian didn't think he could give his all he would have left that Day. Guess what? That was May 15th 2006.

Parraletic

Juniors
Look Brian was proffesional in stepping down. He knew he couldn't give anymore & did the right thing. I thought it was a brave decision by him to do so. But we do need to change a few players. At the start of the year Sterlo said that teams need to bring in players to improve 7 that Parra hadn't done that. Now were paying the price as well as having what looks like a poor off-season.

PB

Bench
Parraletic said:
. At the start of the year Sterlo said that teams need to bring in players to improve 7 that Parra hadn't done that. ...

I will be interested to hear Sterlo's thoughts on this issue in due course... I hope he is honest and out spoken whatever he feels & thinks..