What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bobby KEYES

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues said:
and I see this incentive from the club as "acknowledgement" of this lack of MURPH fact !!!

I think you mean initiative. And it is not so much to do with Murph. Having past players address the team is a common practice that has occurred for a while at all clubs for generations.

The difference this year is that we are trying to make it a fixture for all home games. And it is more to do with having a bunch of players that are playing for a new club.

greg

Juniors
I'm with you NBB! Bring on Gus. The speeches he gives on the TV prior to games (recently reminiscing old days at Leichardt Oval etc) are very inspiring stuff. Imagine his speech to the players with a Bluebag/Henson flavour to it. We'd win by 50!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Amazing (in conversation) how many people have no idea that Gus played for the Jets. Would love to see him at Henson again...

2 True Blues

Coach
He actually has been there seasons ago to watch a couple of games. Several seasons ago now since I have noticed him though and I recall thinking when I saw him that it was a shame we got totally smashed. Can't remeber who we were playing at the time, however we lost and lost badly.

Would be good to see him back there though. It's always great to see ex-players in the crowd. May the tradition live on and on NB.....