What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body fat %

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
cliffyisgod you are obviously a tall very thin person. or you are a bodybuilder. ill take the first one.

eat some good quality food...and lots of it!!

Apey

Staff member
18.4% using my scales at home that do the electronic pulse thing.

18 years old, 83kg. Not exactly overweight but would prefer to be much less of course.

I'll try out that link when I find out tape measure.. lol.

19 y/o, 81kg, 16.8% according to the scales now. Haven't done any exercise in yonks, think I've just been eating healthier..

aqua_duck

Coach
BMI is still a perfectly good measurement for your average person.

People like to point at footballers and other heavily muscled people to show why BMI is "useless".... but on your average person who might hit the gym a couple times per week (or not) it gives a reasonable measure of your general health and well being.

Take Wii Fit for example. I've not put a family member on it who's BMI assessment turned out to be a shock. The overweight were overweight and the fit and healthy were in the right weight zone.

Once you are much more into your fitness then sure, go for a body fat percentage test etc, but for someone just starting out or only into light exercise, it works just fine IMO.
The thing with BMI is that it assumes everyone has the same build, frame and bone density which is not true.
You take an average Polynesian male even someone who doesn't lift weights, Polynesians tend to have big legs and broad shoulders, compare that to an South Asian male and its a big difference

melon....

Coach
You have 15% body fat.
You have 12.8 Kilograms of fat and 72.2 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Thats about right.

hellteam

First Grade
I've got one of those scales with the 'electronic' pulses that go through your body.

I really don't know how accurate it can be - seeing as the scales cost $19.

Frailty

First Grade
Weight: 94kg

You have 13% body fat.

You have 12.2 Kilograms of fat and 81.8 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

That's pretty good... about 3 months ago I was 77kg of non-fat mass, and 19kg of fat... So still going strong!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Weight: 94kg

You have 13% body fat.

You have 12.2 Kilograms of fat and 81.8 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

That's pretty good... about 3 months ago I was 77kg of non-fat mass, and 19kg of fat... So still going strong!

It's impossible to gain that much lean muscle mass in that time... If what you say is true that means you've gained 12kg of muscle mass... That is 2 years worth of muscle gain. I highly doubt your calculations are correct.

Frailty

First Grade
It's impossible to gain that much lean muscle mass in that time... If what you say is true that means you've gained 12kg of muscle mass... That is 2 years worth of muscle gain. I highly doubt your calculations are correct.

Funny... 81.8 - 77 = 4.8 in my book..

Would like to know where you get 12kg from?