What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolton charged with indecent assault

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That’s different to not being able to say anything! How would claiming your innocence jeopardise his defence?
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in court" sound familiar? You deadset don't understand the basics of law, right?

taipan

Referee
f**k off, he can say what he likes, there’s nothing legally stopping him. Claiming your innocent to the media does no harm to your defence whatsoever, never has that’s why it happens so often.
He might be guilty, he might not be, that’ll be for the courts to decide. Have no real interest either way other than the games image being damaged yet again.

So you're a legal expert on defence for the accused? Well I never, over to you Pez Mason.
You have the right to say nothing,as it may implicate you .Guilty or otherwise.
You summed it up by saying.It's for the courts to decide,so let the flaming courts decide.
We don't want a repeat of the Stewart,SKD debacles.

PR is a legal expert,a marketing expert,a chartered accountant, an infrastructure expert, member of many public company Boards,an AFL sycophant .Oh and a perennial whiner.The rest of us are mere laymen,who apparently sit around and just either suck up to the NRL head office or just love typing posts and need to be informed by the man from the wild west.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It may not harm your defence but it sure as shit would do nothing for you come sentencing if you're found guilty.

Pretty sure at the point of entering a plea of not guilty you are basically doing the same thing! Maybe he wants to see the evidence before he pleads his innocence?

Perth Red

Post Whore
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in court" sound familiar? You deadset don't understand the basics of law, right?

"I'm innocent and will fight these charges" How the frick is that going to harm your defence? Only thing it would harm is if you then decide to plead guilty and hope for some sentence leniency. Seriously how many people have fronted the media pre trial and publicly claimed their innocence? A shed load that's how many.

Timmah

Staff member
"I'm innocent and will fight these charges" How the frick is that going to harm your defence? Only thing it would harm is if you then decide to plead guilty and hope for some sentence leniency. Seriously how many people have fronted the media pre trial and publicly claimed their innocence? A shed load that's how many.
All you're doing is continuing to show your complete lack of awareness about legal process.

T-Boon

Coach
"I'm innocent and will fight these charges" How the frick is that going to harm your defence? Only thing it would harm is if you then decide to plead guilty and hope for some sentence leniency.

I got the feeling he was hoping she would see his emotional state and drop the charges. Which can happen especially if it is a bit confusing as to what happened. This is way better than having to defend it and run the risk of being found guilty.
I think it is a smart move.
Have we got to the bottom of any details yet? Did he grab something, or fall on her? Whats the deal?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I got the feeling he was hoping she would see his emotional state and drop the charges. Which can happen especially if it is a bit confusing as to what happened. This is way better than having to defend it and run the risk of being found guilty.
I think it is a smart move.
Have we got to the bottom of any details yet? Did he grab something, or fall on her? Whats the deal?
lol

so many self proclaimed experts around here

Spade

Juniors
double standards though, if this was a nrl grub or regular bad boy they'd be stood down instanly. Todd Carney got sacked for drinking piss FFS..

Timmah

Staff member
Unbelievable this has to be said but if you "heard a rumour", don't post it here when it relates to an ongoing investigation.

Latest posts