What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bombers sack coach

AuckMel

Bench
Matthew Knights sacked

Essendon coach Matthew Knights has been sacked.

The coach of the past three years was told shortly after 1pm today that his time at the club was finished in a meeting with Bombers chairman David Evans.

Knights and his manager Daniel Richardson met Evans earlier this afternoon and it is understood the decision came after an 8am board meeting.
Very surprising. Two years left to go on his contract.

I wonder if James Hird will suddenly become available in the near future.

Xman

Bench
Yay.

As a bomber supporter this made my day. Nothing personal against Knights but this had to happen.

Xman

Bench
Hird said he aint interested in coaching just yet.

As much as I love Hird appointing him without some sort of coaching apprentiship would be a big mistake and likely result in a tarnished name of a bomber great.

AuckMel

Bench
Interesting discussion on SEN tonight and they pointed out Essendon's draw. 2 games against the Pies, Cats, Saints and Dogs, away games against Freo and the Swans.

Very tough draw.

lockyno1

Post Whore
About time, was an absolute spud.

Choco Williams come on down, then 3 years down the track Hird/Blake Caracella to coach.

Xman

Bench
Interesting discussion on SEN tonight and they pointed out Essendon's draw. 2 games against the Pies, Cats, Saints and Dogs, away games against Freo and the Swans.

Very tough draw.
Add to that they had about the worst year of injuries of any team and you can see why they struggled. Having said that they have leaked the most goals of any team in the last 3 years so Knighters one dimensional game plan cost him his job.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Add to that they had about the worst year of injuries of any team and you can see why they struggled. Having said that they have leaked the most goals of any team in the last 3 years so Knighters one dimensional game plan cost him his job.

Yes, but from what I am hearing he was on the wrong side of very highly influential groups as well. Was never going to survive.

Latest posts