What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bOOOoooo

Twenty10

Juniors
I just don't understand why people are surprised. Price is a very ordinary coach. Should never have been appointed.

BennyV

Referee
Might also mention that the showing from the crowd was pretty poor...Saints fans will generally pride themselves on being loyal,yet we could only get 13,000 to our first home game of the season? No matter how poorly the team is playing, the fans should be there...

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Had to turn it off. Same old crap. In for a long year boys I think. Why can't Morris play half, 5/8, centre and fullback and then slot into the forwards. A fantastic player kept from the action by pathetic halves and an equally lame game plan!!

_Johnsy

Referee
I hate to say it, however;

Cooper, Fein & Soward need to go,
Price just isn't up to the job, that insipid display is proof of that. No variation in attack, the same plays as 2009/10. You would think that using the same attacking plays for the last 3-4 years they would be executed in a clinical manner (even with a modicum of variation). Sadly, nowhere near it.

I felt sick watching that "effort". One thing is obvious there is no hunger, a clean out is needed from the board down. if this doesn't happen this crap will continue for another 5 years.

I can cop a lean year, 2 even if it means we are looking ahead and building towards always being competitive. I cannot see this direction from the club over the past 2 ears unfortunately. Gonna be a long, long year.

redvforlife

Juniors
Might also mention that the showing from the crowd was pretty poor...Saints fans will generally pride themselves on being loyal,yet we could only get 13,000 to our first home game of the season? No matter how poorly the team is playing, the fans should be there...

dunno about the other fans on here, but for me I can't get to the Gong on a weeknight in time for a game. I do my best to get to all Kogarah matches and any gong matches over the weekend, but I can't get there after work

Well this maybe a sign that people have had enough already if they don't want to turn up and watch that rubbish then they don't have to.

Why should anyone waste their hard earned cash on a club that disrespects their support the team this year is a clear indication of that.

dragonv

Juniors
Well this maybe a sign that people have had enough already if they don't want to turn up and watch that rubbish then they don't have to.

Why should anyone waste their hard earned cash on a club that disrespects their support the team this year is a clear indication of that.

AMEN to that!

dragonv

Juniors
Mate, when the Dragons stopped emptying their wallets to recruit players we kept opening ours and going to the games but if you think that is going to last another season...no way.

That small turnout last night was unprecedented, particularly given it is round two. It goes to show what a state we are in and the game just emphasized it.

No one should use this as an opportunity to question others' support. People will show their frustration in different ways. Go to the game, enjoy!

Mr Red

First Grade
if we couldnt win that game i really dont know where we can jag a win from, everything was in our favour...
- playing at home
- camped in the broncos 20 for most of the first half, running with the wind during this period
- dominated possession 61% to 39% for the first half
- broncos dead on their feet starting the second half after all the defense needed in the first 40
- hodges sin binned, and the broncos down to only 15 fit players most of the match,

and yet we still get belted 22-6. i can only think what the score might of have had the broncos had their fair share of the ball...

saint.nick

Coach
Mate, when the Dragons stopped emptying their wallets to recruit players we kept opening ours and going to the games but if you think that is going to last another season...no way.

That small turnout last night was unprecedented, particularly given it is round two. It goes to show what a state we are in and the game just emphasized it.

No one should use this as an opportunity to question others' support. People will show their frustration in different ways. Go to the game, enjoy!

I agree. the crowd last night was very poor. We have a whole area like Illawarra and Wollongong to draw fans from for games. I hate excuses like, "they don't deserve my support, when they disrespect us fans paying hard earned cash to watch their dribble.". I mean, putting in bad performances isn't necessarily a sign of disrespect to fans, as I'm sure all the guys are trying their hardest. It's fine as a collective group of supporters to call people like rooter fans bandwagoners, but only if we foil roosters fan's efforts with decent crowds. The bulldogs in seasons after 09 were still getting high crowd averages despite their mediocre performances. Why couldn't we do that last night? I expected a larger, jubilant, enthusiastic crowd keen for a turn-around this year. On a positive note, with our performances, I don't know how we got them, but the Jeep and Alfa Romeo logos look really great on us. We have the best major sponsor line up in the competition. We just need crown lager to top it off.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm really stuck between blaming our halves, Steve Price, or both. We had absolutely had no tactical nous existing in our attacking play, it was just toss it around and hope for the best. You could lay all the blame for that down on price's head, but in saying that, despite soward's 40/20, both halves were very poor. Fien has a magical ability to f*** up every oppurtunty, whereas soward just ran sideways all the time, like he thought they were legitimate attempts at taking the line on :crazy:

cleary89

Coach

Supporting your team by not supporting it? Thats a new one.

Try to deflect it anyway you want, turning up to games only when we're winning is the definition of bandwagoner.

99% sure we have had similar crowds against out of town teams on a friday night, especially in rhe gong.

This Year?

Immortal
I went and it was eerily quiet in the 2nd half. The most disappointing part was seeing some of the (non) faithful start to leave with 15 mins or so before fulltime.

Latest posts