What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boring

WJ

Juniors
So i got up this morning for the NZ aus match.

I wish i'd slept in.

Where was the blood thunder and excitment that we come to expect from these teams?

It was boring turgid crap.

The ockers sucked all the life out of the game by slowing the play the ball down to a near stand still. Although that should have been predictable with stuarts commenst in the lead up about allowing a wrestle and confrontation at the ruck.

If those are to be the aussie tactics i will not watch anther game involving them. It's a boring negative style of play.

Super league may be technically geniused, but it's far more entertaining. If that's what is on offer week in week out in the nrl quite frankly you can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

P.S.
Opening ceremoney 2 games. WTF??

Very boring game....almost turned it off after 15 mins.

The Kiwis were horrible...no spark and nothing in attack.

What's with Aussie taking a shot at goal for first points ???...yawn.

***MH***

Bench
Very boring game....almost turned it off after 15 mins.

The Kiwis were horrible...no spark and nothing in attack.

What's with Aussie taking a shot at goal for first points ???...yawn.
The only reason why is was boring is because it was a stunningly similar to watching Rugby Yawnion..... slow messy rucks and electing for a penalty goal.

brendothejet

First Grade
it was a pretty sh*t game. I was there and it did little to excite me.

The mexican wave made it round the ground at least 7 times...that should tell you something.

Still had a good fun night and a good crowd gave the place a really nice feel.

expansionist

Juniors
BTJ Youre right, in watching the game on TV there was a point where the noise lifted and i thought - great some atmosphere is buildiung - but alas it was the mexican wave doing the rounds.

Ashley Klein should be ashamed... he let the aussies get away with murder. The way they slowed down the game was terrible.

Also - I think that game has proved that the kiwis need some change in their attack (what atack?)

cb4

First Grade
the kiwis were sh*t
no matter wat tactics the aussies used, they wouldnt of done any better anyway

***MH***

Bench
The PNG game really showed us what we expect from our sport, a game with attacking flare and a passion for what they are playing for.

I can't wait for the Fiji vs France game in Wollongong, it should wet the appetitte for a lot of League fans who want to see some good old pass the ball, frantic, rugby league action.

England were very ordinary against PNG. It looks to me like England and NZ will be fighting for the right to play Australia in the final.

Should have stuck with the Tri-Nations. I can understand the importance of a World Cup at a conceptual level, but the reality is that Australia is head and shoulders above the rest of the world and even the Tri-Nations is only competitive when we play in the UK.

BTJ Youre right, in watching the game on TV there was a point where the noise lifted and i thought - great some atmosphere is buildiung - but alas it was the mexican wave doing the rounds.

Ashley Klein should be ashamed... he let the aussies get away with murder. The way they slowed down the game was terrible.

Also - I think that game has proved that the kiwis need some change in their attack (what atack?)

I don't think I've ever seen a slower game. There were play the balls that took 7 seconds or longer. Disgrace. Klein needs to have a look at himself and stop listening to what the Australian coach tells him.

Marshall needs to get more involved in the attack. He wasn't tackled in possession once - very disappointing.

The kiwis must get luke in there and put Inu at the back. I can't believe the amount of bombs that were allowed to bounce!

Brutus

Referee
Should have stuck with the Tri-Nations. I can understand the importance of a World Cup at a conceptual level, but the reality is that Australia is head and shoulders above the rest of the world and even the Tri-Nations is only competitive when we play in the UK.

obviously you didn't watch the 2006 tri nations played in oz.

thommo_85

Juniors
i was at the game, and it would have to have been one of the most boring games i have ever seen live. the atmosphere was terrible aswell.
thanks ricky!

Latest posts