What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOTD - Except for the Raiders

Ice777

Bench
Add Lima and White to our go forward and we'd give ourselves much better chance and more opportunity to score. It's all relative, you can only play with the cards you've been dealt. As mentioned in another thread i think the better team for the most part lost, not because of the reffing though.

Bay56

First Grade
Incorrect. If it was simultaneous which he ruled and looked like to the vast majority of supporters except most Raiders fans then it's no try.

Rule book mate ... my understanding (stand to be corrected) is that simaltaneous is a try ... can anyone confirm.

reptar

Juniors
Rule book mate ... my understanding (stand to be corrected) is that simaltaneous is a try ... can anyone confirm.

Simultaneous is no try.

The problem I have with that is that it is impossible to determine the exact moment when he was out, and the exact moment he put the ball down. So using with the existing technology they cannot prove beyond doubt it was no try, so it should be a try. However at least they're consistent with that ruling - we're not the first team to be denied a try by that flawed logic.

dubby

Bench
He is right bay; simultaneous is no-try.

But no one can conclusively rule either way, so doesnt that mean that BOTD is awarded?

Like Timbo I find myself agreeing with bay and it feels so wrong.
Bay, can we fight about management again to restore the balance of the universe?

Ice777

Bench

I hearby stand you corrected....mate ;-)

Some may have seen some doubt there, others never. Belcher and Gordy saw it one way, Wiz the other. It's all subjective.

colly raider

Juniors
Whether it was a try or not ( I believe it was BOTD at worst ) The storm got away with heaps more then the raiders did.

The Storm do it every game, It does not matter who they are against. They lay all over the tackled player and never get penalised. The storm get away with so much in every game they play. Have the refs been given a directive that Melbourne must win so as to keep the game alive in Victoria?
Its got me stuffed!

sydraider

First Grade
Whether it was a try or not ( I believe it was BOTD at worst ) The storm got away with heaps more then the raiders did.

The Storm do it every game, It does not matter who they are against. They lay all over the tackled player and never get penalised. The storm get away with so much in every game they play. Have the refs been given a directive that Melbourne must win so as to keep the game alive in Victoria?
Its got me stuffed!

Spot on, its becoming ridiculous and even more apparent in that second half when indeed they were given a leg up.

As for the best try, if the rule states that than fair enough but how long has it been we have recieved a BDO call????

sydraider

First Grade
LOL....you guys never quit eh?

I dont know ink, I work at a big place with a lot of league followers, quite a few of them are west tigers fans, they all seen it the same way, storm were given a leg up in that second half, it was clear as day.

It seems it is you who never quits ;-)

matt

Juniors

Its got me stuffed!

makes for a pretty boring game Huh...oh well they will make and win the grandfinal.and it will be

the third GF (2008,2007,2006) out of many that will bore many to near tears.

Cryptic

Juniors
I agree with the video ref comments... We get aparant BOTD tries when it's a 100% certainty and if there is ANY doubt it gets a no try.... You see other clubs where there is a bee's dick of a chance that it was a try get BOTD yet I can't even remember us getting a BOTD try where there was ANY doubt what so ever... As soon as I saw that on Monday night I said "That's a try but f**king Harrigan won't give it"... I mean they didn't even TRY another angle which means he believed that was 100% NOT a try from the TWO FRAMES he saw... He isn't as bad as Chris Ward but he still sucks arse as a video ref... How can you f**k something up with unlimited retries and no time limit???

Cryptic

Juniors
As for Melbourne and the ref's calls going all their way in the 2nd half (6-1 penalty count), what do you expect from a team that has a wrestling coach and, from Inglis dive in the 2nd half, an acting coach? I'm amazed refs can be that stupid... Last week we single Inglis push a player on his arse with one arm and this week he is thrown backwards by a players fingers... They are trained to milk penalties and look like fish out of water each time they are tackled and unfortunately I can't see refs getting smarter so I guess everyone else is screwed...

On another note, as there isn't any thread for the game itself, loved it that someone finally kicked from a scrum win but SO not the way to do it... Carney really had to take on the line first and get people moving towards us with the backs running full speed onto the ball already... Good idea, really poor execution...

On yeah and on the reffing standards as a whole why the f**k... with the "break in play" and the video ref apparently allowed to rule on that did Colin Best STILL get penalised for LEGALLY diving from the try line and knocking the ball down from the Storms stupidly slow play the ball?

Ice777

Bench
makes for a pretty boring game Huh...oh well they will make and win the grandfinal.and it will be

the third GF (2008,2007,2006) out of many that will bore many to near tears.

Boring because a team is good enough to make a the GF for (maybe) 3 years in a row? Do you want the Storm to lay down and lose just to make the game less "boring"? Would you be bored if it were your team in that situation? Should we make it a rule that if any team is good enough to make it to multiple GF's then we won't let them play just to take out the bore factor?

How f**king ridiculous :sarcasm:

Cryptic

Juniors
Maybe if Melbourne (the city that is) had even noticed that their League team had gotten that far in the last couple of years it may be worth something... But yeah as they don't, on average, give a sh*t it is boring for the rest of the true RL community... I think we should more look into what can be done... Why is the Storm always winning? Are they that good? Do they have that many stars willing to give up a much higher wage elsewhere? Are they that dedicated to a town that barely knows they exist? Or do they do something on the field that maybe should be looked into... Sorta like the grapple tackle was "banned"... They brought in the salary cap to give clubs a leg up (which did work to an extent) but I really think something else needs to be done to level it all out yet also try to encourage some sort of loyalty in players... They need some sort of bonus for sticking with their original club and I think on a whole RL would be better off for it... Hmm this is REALLY off topic now isn't it... meh.... tired... KoRn was good last night though...

matt

Juniors
Boring because a team is good enough to make a the GF for (maybe) 3 years in a row? Do you want the Storm to lay down and lose just to make the game less "boring"? Would you be bored if it were your team in that situation? Should we make it a rule that if any team is good enough to make it to multiple GF's then we won't let them play just to take out the bore factor?

How f**king ridiculous :sarcasm:

yep you got it boring...dude good luck to you... you guys are going well..they bore me mate..the last two have been the most unapealling in my many i have religously viewed..2006 and 2007 had no appeal to me.Im am a big believer of all things equal other wise it bores me.

Enjoy your 2008 GF win.

ohh did i mention they bore me.

Bay56

First Grade
Maybe if Melbourne (the city that is) had even noticed that their League team had gotten that far in the last couple of years it may be worth something... But yeah as they don't, on average, give a sh*t it is boring for the rest of the true RL community... I think we should more look into what can be done... Why is the Storm always winning? Are they that good? Do they have that many stars willing to give up a much higher wage elsewhere? Are they that dedicated to a town that barely knows they exist? Or do they do something on the field that maybe should be looked into... Sorta like the grapple tackle was "banned"... They brought in the salary cap to give clubs a leg up (which did work to an extent) but I really think something else needs to be done to level it all out yet also try to encourage some sort of loyalty in players... They need some sort of bonus for sticking with their original club and I think on a whole RL would be better off for it... Hmm this is REALLY off topic now isn't it... meh.... tired... KoRn was good last night though...

I must admit they do have an enthusiastic bunch of supporters but you'd expect a one club city of the size of Melb to have an average of 25K per game ... even taking into account that AFL heavyweights such as Collingwood play just down the road.

Cletus

First Grade
I thought it was a pretty clear example of BOTD, there was no way you could tell whether it was or wasn't a try because the grounding was between frames. If it's that close and you can't know either way for certain it should be a try.

The one decision that really annoyed me was the 'marker not straight' penalty when Slater played the ball on his tryline. The only reason they weren't straight was because Slater jumped two metres sideways to play the ball! Cheating scum they are.

Ice777

Bench
Aren't you three a bunch of bitter little bitches :lol:

Suck it up and move one boys.

Ice777

Bench
And i've actually given you Canberra fans credit as well in the past and some of them i still do. But there's an exception to every rule and the 3 stooges in you, cletus and matt are it in this case.