What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottom Line...

dice

Juniors
The bottom line is fewer women that have been raped are going to come forward to police. The attitude of some of the Bulldogs officials and supporters who think "no charges laid" automatically means nothing happened and the girl must be lying is a disgrace to humankind.

The Family Club my arse.

soleilbleu said:
Allegations and the whole affair aside - I don't agree with this. I don't think that what this young woman has done in the past, should have anything to do with what may or may not have happened on the morning in question. Lying about the wallet is a separate issue altogether. A person's sexual history (whether it be last month's or the day before) shouldn't be judged in such a general way, and her credibility be dismissed. That is like saying a prostitute cannot be raped. Anybody can suffer this type of assault and it doesn't matter who or what kind of a person she/he is. Everyone has the right to pursue the charges too. Sadly, it doesn't always seem to work out that way, and many alleged victims don't even make it to court.

I agree...history doesn't come into anything...but surely recent activity that is similar to the alleged charge being made would compromise evidence enough for any lawyer worth his salt to make an absolute mockery of it.
Lying about the wallet isn't a seperate issue as it was her 'reason' for going there in the first place...she made it an issue when she put it in her statement.

Rape and sex crimes are one of societies biggest problems IMO, but another big problem is people profiteering from alleged incidents that may never have happened....not saying this girl is one, but money grabbers are everywhere and work in low ways...this won't be the last time this sort of thing happens

Dogaholic

First Grade
dice said:
The bottom line is fewer women that have been raped are going to come forward to police. The attitude of some of the Bulldogs officials and supporters who think "no charges laid" automatically means nothing happened and the girl must be lying is a disgrace to humankind.

The Family Club my arse.

Lets just charge the motherf**kers on a hunch then. send innocent people to jail just for the hell of it. how about that???

we have to be 100% positive. We can't point fingers!

We cant say nothing happend, we can't say something did though. sex happened, was it rape, was it with consent. we were not there, we can't come up with the answers, we dont have the answers. My opinion, your opinion means jack sh*t!

once again we get to the bottom line....

THE DOGS HAVE NO CASE TO ANSWER TO.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Muffdaddy said:
DJ1 said:
She just didn't have any mates to back up her story......

Actually she did have a mate there but they didn't back up her story.

Now there are offers of "Hundreds of thousands of dollars" for her exclusive story.

Hmmmm

Me thinks(and a lot of other people) her mate has already received her "Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars"......

Hmmmmm

too much think. But, hey, seeing as you "thinks", we best set that in stone and take it as fact.

:roll:

Never claimed it to be a fact. Its just what a lot of people are thinking....

mickdo

Coach
CouldaBeenAnything said:
[I agree...history doesn't come into anything...but surely recent activity that is similar to the alleged charge being made would compromise evidence enough for any lawyer worth his salt to make an absolute mockery of it.
As far as I am aware, in court you cannot bring sexual history in to it. Similarly if a previously convicted thief is brought up on charges of theft again, you cannot refer to previous indictments until sentencing.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Muffdaddy said:
Its a Dogs World said:
Muffdaddy said:
DJ1 said:

Now there are offers of "Hundreds of thousands of dollars" for her exclusive story.

Hmmmm

Me thinks(and a lot of other people) her mate has already received her "Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars"......

Hmmmmm

too much think. But, hey, seeing as you "thinks", we best set that in stone and take it as fact.

Never claimed, that you claimed it as fact. Just highlighting that what people are thinking is often given as fact.

soleilbleu

Juniors
Coulda >> I meant that lying about the wallet was proven to be a lie - and as such, should be separated from the sweeping judgements about her credibility as a person. One issue has been proven, and goes against her word. All it means is that she lied about the wallet and why she went to the resort initially. The other much more important issue, in many peoples' views, remains unanswered, not proven to be a lie, and still very much up in the air.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Muffdaddy said:
Its a Dogs World said:
Muffdaddy said:
DJ1 said:

Hmmmm

Hmmmmm

Never claimed, that you claimed it as fact. Just highlighting that what people are thinking is often given as fact.

This tennis match could go on for days
:D

dice

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
dice said:

The Family Club my arse.

Lets just charge the motherf**kers on a hunch then. send innocent people to jail just for the hell of it. how about that???

We cant say nothing happend, we can't say something did though. sex happened, was it rape, was it with consent. we were not there, we can't come up with the answers, we dont have the answers. My opinion, your opinion means jack sh*t!

What are you going on about? Where did I state the bulldogs are guilty? I agree with the verdict. If there is insufficent evidence there should be no case to answer.

I am saying there are wider issues at stake here mainly the effect this case will have on other females. Bulldogs officials and supporters should be more responsible with their comments instead of making comments which portray this girl to be a liar.

Dogaholic

First Grade
dice said:
Its a Dogs World said:
dice said:

The Family Club my arse.

What are you going on about? Where did I state the bulldogs are guilty? I agree with the verdict. If there is insufficent evidence there should be no case to answer.

I am saying there are wider issues at stake here mainly the effect this case will have on other females. Bulldogs officials and supporters should be more responsible with their comments instead of making comments which portray this girl to be a liar.

Well, then I apologise my misreading/misinterpretation.

What do you reccommend they do though? It's a pretty tight situation that they are in.

mickdo

Coach
They should accept that while they have not been charged, they have not been exonerated. They should also not try to treat the incident as if nothing has happened. There were sex acts in public, and blatant disregard for club rules which have led to a damning shame hanging over the NRL. They should apologise publicy for this and vow to do all possible to prevent this kind of behaviour in future, and thank their lucky stars for the privelege of having an NRL licence.

Dogaholic

First Grade
mickdo said:
They should accept that while they have not been charged, they have not been exonerated. They should also not try to treat the incident as if nothing has happened. There were sex acts in public, and blatant disregard for club rules which have led to a damning shame hanging over the NRL. They should apologise publicy for this and vow to do all possible to prevent this kind of behaviour in future, and thank their lucky stars for the privelege of having an NRL licence.

I agree.

However, I would like to hear the same from the media with all the wild accusations/half arsed reporting/lack of substance/lack of research/blatant misquoting. they threw all over the place

dice

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:

What do you reccommend they do though? It's a pretty tight situation that they are in.

The supporters can cutout all the "she's a scrag", "in it for the money", etc, comments for starters. And the bulldogs officials should be showing compassion for both parties instead taking an arrogant "totally vindicated" stance.

JK

Muffdaddy said:
That's the real bottom line......

She had a mate who had nothing to offer to back up the story.
Independent witnesses flatly contradicted her.

Yes the line about there being evidence of rape...BUT it is the same as consensual sex is IGNORED???

](*,)

JK

dice said:
Its a Dogs World said:

The supporters can cutout all the "she's a scrag", "in it for the money", etc, comments for starters. And the bulldogs officials should be showing compassion for both parties instead taking an arrogant "totally vindicated" stance.

Some comments have been an example of bad taste. The excuse is, of course, that many people have been labelling even the fans as rapists. An excuse but not a justification and I wish they would stop.

The Club's stand is better. They are vindicated. Their version of events has stood up to scrutiny. There are no uncertainties in relation to their record YET they have lost more than a million dollars over it. They are not attacking the woman in official statements, they are supporting their employees.

Relief is understandable, so is a certain amount of anger towards the media and ill-informed zealots we see around here.

Bengal

Juniors
Wow, when I first read this topic I thought yehaa this is it, the bottom line, no one at that stage had replied, topic over, don’t fuel the flames. Alas I was wrong, around and round we go again.
Well the bottom line is that Rugby League has been tarnished (not just the Bulldogs). Not only because of the (now unsubstantiated) inappropriate behaviour, but equally because of the unrepentant, arrogant behaviour of many involved with the Bulldogs
To add further to what ‘dice’ has written, if all parties involved with the Bulldogs had taken a more compassionate stance on things the flames may well have been fanned by now.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Bengal said:
Wow, when I first read this topic I thought yehaa this is it, the bottom line, no one at that stage had replied, topic over, don’t fuel the flames. Alas I was wrong, around and round we go again.
Well the bottom line is that Rugby League has been tarnished (not just the Bulldogs). Not only because of the (now unsubstantiated) inappropriate behaviour, but equally because of the unrepentant, arrogant behaviour of many involved with the Bulldogs
To add further to what ‘dice’ has written, if all parties involved with the Bulldogs had taken a more compassionate stance on things the flames may well have been fanned by now.

Compassionate? Lol. Perhaps admitting fault and apologising to the woman for the criminal behaviour would have done the trick for you?

Sure things may have been handled better...but they sure could have handled things worse. If you take the view that the Dogs were innocent all along then you have to admit that they and the club and especially the players have handled things incredibly well given the circumstances.

Bengal

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:
Bengal said:

Compassionate? Lol. Perhaps admitting fault and apologising to the woman for the criminal behaviour would have done the trick for you?

Sure things may have been handled better...but they sure could have handled things worse. If you take the view that the Dogs were innocent all along then you have to admit that they and the club and especially the players have handled things incredibly well given the circumstances.

You've said it, things could've been handled better. If they were handled any worse, some of those absolutely stupid stories about the Doggies going under may well have come true.
If you wish to admit fault or apologise, whatever takes your fancy, however the use of such words as 'true vindication' is way to strong for my liking. I'd liked to have seen a less 'in your face' attitude taken by the Bulldog hierarchy in response to the good news that they've received.
If you are humble it will go away if you are cocky it will drag on…

dice

Juniors
Yes, Bengal. I was also referring to Noad's "total vindication" comments in my post. Arrogant prick he is. I wonder if he would still feel the same if it was his daughter.

JK

dice said:
Yes, Bengal. I was also referring to Noad's "total vindication" comments in my post. Arrogant prick he is. I wonder if he would still feel the same if it was his daughter.

I am glad that the legal system is divorced from knee-jerk reactionaries who cannot seperate the case at hand from their own family :roll:

What if your son was accused? Would you believe them with an inconclusive verdict? A stupid example but maybe one that is needed for you?

The facts are all that matters to the DPP.

Latest posts