What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bousteads Big Brother

The Partisan

Escaping the heat yesterday, I snuck under the house with a couple of stubs and old RLW's. On reading an article on Kerry Boustead he mentions his older brother playing for Wynum AND Queensland. This was news to me and I can't remember any talk of it at the time - late 70's.

Any of you Gull fans / historians able to confirm this ???

Actually is there anywhere you can get a full list of players who have represented Queensland ?

fat jabber

Juniors
I recall an Ian Boustead playing for the Gulls but I have no idea as to whether or not he is Kerry's brother.

mud n blood

Juniors
He is indeed a brother, and I think he ended up playing for both Wynnum Manly and Valleys. He had plenty of toe, too. He played centre and wing for the Seagulls in 78, and I think he played for Valleys afterwards.

Tigertread

Juniors
mud n blood said:
He is indeed a brother, and I think he ended up playing for both Wynnum Manly and Valleys. He had plenty of toe, too. He played centre and wing for the Seagulls in 78, and I think he played for Valleys afterwards.
You are spot on.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Ian Boustead had plenty of ability - one of the better centres to play for Wynnum. He played in 1976 when the Gulls were comparatively strong although lacking a couple of class front rowers, and again in 1979. Don't recall him being at Valleys.

In '76, the Wynnum backline had a field day running off Neville Hornery's passes. I've got a programme from 25/7/76 when Wynnum beat eventaul Premiers Wests 27 - 12 at Lang Park. Great teams -

Wynnum - Ron Milne, Ian Boustead, John Rhodes, Ross Nunn, Warren Orr, Jim Fredricksen, Greg Denman, Neil Kingston, Ian Ogbourne, Nev Hornery, Ken Churchil, John Dowling, Bob Clapham

Wests - Greg McCarthy, Michael Flesser, Harry Cameron, Steve Crear, Mick Reardon, Geoff Richardson, Greg Oliphant, John Ribot, Norm Carr, Rod Bradshaw, Henry Williamson, Kel Brown, John Young

Referee - Bernie Pramberg

Ian Boustead wasn't Kerry's brother when he came to Wynnum because no one had ever heard of Kerry. :lol: Kerry started off as being labelled Ian's brother but that soon changed.

akdrob

Juniors
Ian Boustead played for Queensland against NSW in the 2nd game of the 1976 series. He only played one game. ;-)

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Thanks for that. I added the "almost" in my previous post because I had a vague feeling that he might have played one game. Didn't have a clue when.

Latest posts