What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing on the web

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Good stuff Cryptic.
embeer.gif

Just one question for yourself or others who can help me.
Once a clip downloads, how and wherecan I storethe Windows Media Player clipso I don't have to click onto it every time and wait for it to download again?
Some take for bloody ever to download! I wan't my cable connection
emsad.gif

Just wathced the Tyson flick on there. It took my computer almost 2hrs to download the damn thing, but it was wellworth it. Shit that kid could throw a punch once upon a time. Early and middle part of the 80ies is what I'm taking about.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
I didn't see it El Duque. I just pasted a brief report on another thread in this section.
I'm totally thrilled mate. Many were bagging him for weeks and months now. He is a great representation for boxing. I hope he gets all the praise from now on. He deserves it.
Did you watch it mate? A brief recap if you did perhaps?
Here's a more detailed report from ESPN:
[url]http://espn.go.com/boxing/news/2002/0914/1431989.html[/url]

B

bender

I just used the site above to have a look at the Ali Liston Phantom punch. I have seen on video once before when i was pretty sure the punch looked legitimate to me. Looking at the clip showed on that footage, there can surely be no doubt that the punch was legitimate. I know El Duque was one person who seemed to believe in the phantom punch theory. Is the clip on that sighta clip of Ali Liston I, or does it put the phantom punch theory to rest for good?

I have to go to look at Sugar Ray Robinson, who is currently in round 9. I have to agree with most who have watched him, his style isincredible.He is almost likeMuhammad Ali with a body punch and no cockiness.

El Duque

Bench
Outlaw,it was a good win for Oscar.He seemed to get hit a bit more than usual but then he hasn't fought in 15 months or so.
Mayweathers new style with him seemed to have plusses and minuses.The role the shoulder and that.
When his right hand finally came to life you could see it was the beginning of the end for Vargas.
I think if he fought Mosley again he would win easy as he knows he went in with the wrong plan and slugged it with him in the 1st fight.
Trinidad(if he came out of retirement)at 154 would be a harder fight than when they fought at 147.Would be a pick 'em but I'd slightly favour DLH to school him.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
He is almost likeMuhammad Ali with a body punch and no cockiness.

That's because Ali tried to copy Robinson's technique. Ali stated this on many ocassions, as well as trying to copy Joe Louis's style of fighting.
I dunno El Duque. I reckon I'd still put my money on Sugar Shane. I haven't seen the Vargas - ODLHY fight as yet, but by all media accounts DLHY was pretty impressive. SSM would be too powerfull for DLHY I'm guessing. But I'd like to see the Vargas fight first to see whether DLHY is his 'old' self.
Is there any truth to the reports (from camp DLHY) that Vargas looked to be around 170lb whereas DLHY was 155lb on match night?
DLHY'a camp was claiming this in recognition that their fighter fought and defeated a much heavier fighter...

Latest posts