What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

Nutz

Bench
Tim's big fight today 😄
Tim Tszyu absolutely outclassed Brian Mendoza.
Mendoza's face looked like he was pummeled by the end of the fight.
I wonder who's next for big dollars in the states, maybe Crawford or Errol Spence Jnr and maybe Jermell Charlo down the track. I don't think a fight against Alvarez would happen unless he goes up to at least 160 but he would lack the power if he does??

blue bags

First Grade
Tim's in the big leagues now. Expecting him to be knocked out sooner or later. Or knocked down . A few losses. If he doesn't contentrate on his. Defence. Like his dad
We all know tim has the offence Power punches
Kostya. Mayweather. Prided themselves on avoiding being hit. Defensive skills
Crawford in a year I believe
Crawford is on another level at the moment
Very very dangerous

Nutz

Bench
Tim's in the big leagues now. Expecting him to be knocked out sooner or later. Or knocked down . A few losses. If he doesn't contentrate on his. Defence. Like his dad
We all know tim has the offence Power punches
Kostya. Mayweather. Prided themselves on avoiding being hit. Defensive skills
Crawford in a year I believe
Crawford is on another level at the moment
Very very dangerous
It's interesting predicting how Tim will go against Crawford. Tim's fought a few goodins now.
Fighting in the states requires knockdowns as distance fights tend to go to the biggest money earner, Tim's punches need to go to the next level.
We'll make a date to watch these fights baggers :)

gUt

Coach
The main criticisms I see about him is the lack of a jab/activity, and not enough footwork in defense. Crawford would expose that at this time.

The main criticisms I see about him is the lack of a jab/activity, and not enough footwork in defense. Crawford would expose that at this time.
You're off your head, Jai is awesome don't get me wrong but Tim is at another level, he's only going to get better. Charlo's a cat & will get knocked out when they finally fight.

Nutz

Bench
In responce to that gUt I think Tim boxes like he's shorter than he is. He throws a lot of round arms to the body and uppercuts. I'd like to see more rotation from his torso and jab more like you said...mix it up more.
Needs to jab on the walk up because if he doesn't perfect that the likes of Crawford would get in first.
It's hard to be critical of him with his fine record though.

gUt

Coach
You're off your head, Jai is awesome don't get me wrong but Tim is at another level, he's only going to get better. Charlo's a cat & will get knocked out when they finally fight.
1) I was talking about Tim, not Jai. Jai's style is pretty well flawless from what I can tell
2) I said those were the main criticisms I see of him, not that I necessarily agree with. But I would say Tim's walk-them-down-and-bash-them style would not work so well against someone like Crawford.

Charlo would be crazy to face Tim at this time but if Spence wants to announce himself in the division I reckon Tim is the one for him. Now that would be a great fight.

gUt

Coach
In responce to that gUt I think Tim boxes like he's shorter than he is. He throws a lot of round arms to the body and uppercuts. I'd like to see more rotation from his torso and jab more like you said...mix it up more.
Needs to jab on the walk up because if he doesn't perfect that the likes of Crawford would get in first.
It's hard to be critical of him with his fine record though.
There's a good reason the top guys are looking over their shoulders at him for sure.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nikita is being talked up now for his next fight.

Only seen him fight once and his opponent was shit.

gUt

Coach
I refuse to watch those non-fights but commentators I respect say Fury was the winner but it was much closer than it should have been

blue bags

First Grade
I refuse to watch those non-fights but commentators I respect say Fury was the winner but it was much closer than it should have been
Split decision
3rd judge gave win to Fury by 1 point
Fury was punched. Knock down. For. A count
And went down 2nd time. But by a grapple. Wrestle. Slip. Why couldn't He stay on his feet ?
Many claims of Fury Lost
But his the Champ. So Must be knocked out
Or TK
For opponent too win
Many claims his finished. Should retire