What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Arthur reaches Eels coaching record

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We've had strong squads while he has been here. I don't think he is a terrible coach. Just not a great one. So what's the plan? Just stick with him for another 10yrs? I think moving on is a huge gamble. Higher chance we go backwards then forwards and that's what management is scared of.
But most likely we won't ever be that great under him. It is hard to find a too shelf coach. That's the issue

no, I think 10 years is enough and his time is up

its a BA thread so I'm trying to just point out the positives

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who has he developed? It's a myth. A few cheap signings have turned out good. But you're forgetting that so many plodders also didn't.
And also forgetting we went balls deep with 1.2mill for Foran, 750k for Watmough ,500k for Waqa and same for Fergo. Sure Fergo was good for 1yr but the final two garbage for that price.
All the bums he signed this year. And if you look back he has signed heaps of duds.

And let's not forget the latest to add in Hodgson.
He has the best record at our club since Brian Smith. He is a better coach than Maguire, who has won a premiership at a stronger club. Ivan Cleary didn't win anything for 16 years, so Arthur's has plenty of time on his side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was well know his back and Hammys where stuffed. Manly knew it.
Wow that must be why they brought him back to the club.
Most of the league world did as well. It was a huge risk and gamble.
Well we were desperate. If we took no risks we would've stayed in the bottom eight. But he had only played 147 games before coming to Parra. Not exactly on the career scrapheap. He has played 116 games since leaving, including another 49 games at Manly. "Most of the league world" seem to think he had something to offer. We were just unlucky.

JokerEel

Coach
Wow that must be why they brought him back to the club.

Well we were desperate. If we took no risks we would've stayed in the bottom eight. But he had only played 147 games before coming to Parra. Not exactly on the career scrapheap. He has played 116 games since leaving, including another 49 games at Manly. "Most of the league world" seem to think he had something to offer. We were just unlucky.

I think Hindy11111111 is drunk he is waffling more than you usually do!

JokerEel

Coach
Some people start threads and post just to get bites and then self promote themselves by putting others down who don't share a possitive attitude towards the coaches failure.

It's pathetic really.

Bold bit sounds familiar 🤔

Merkin just merkining

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some people start threads and post just to get bites and then self promote themselves by putting others down who don't share a possitive attitude towards the coaches failure.

It's pathetic really.
What's pathetic is you focusing on his failures. Focus on his successes ffs. He has 128 of them!

yy_cheng

Coach
Tbh, i don't see our attack much different to previous years.

In maybe the first few games it was, but then we loss, and it reverted to last year's game plan since.

Actually, if you take away hopgood, or offloads have been down.

Hopgood is offloading like matto was last year

Not much different for mine except hodgo getting in the way

King-Gutho94

Coach
Tbh, i don't see our attack much different to previous years.

In maybe the first few games it was, but then we loss, and it reverted to last year's game plan since.

Actually, if you take away hopgood, or offloads have been down.

Hopgood is offloading like matto was last year

Not much different for mine except hodgo getting in the way
I think our attack is lot better inside 20m zone.

But I have no data to back that up just the eye test.

I know we are struggling to get ourselves inside the 20m to attack a lot more this year.