What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler Retiring

IanG

Coach
Brad Fittler has just announced that he will be retiring from Rugby League at the end of this season.

keeney

First Grade
ian pipped you to it by 2 minutes, your too long winded, you need ot make your posts more aerodynamic :shock: :lol:

Risa

Bench
Sorry Ian, I just posted this after you did. I was in the process, didn't see anyone else had posted it and then saw yours.

Whoopsies! :oops:

~bedsy~

First Grade
Well looks like they may be offereing Joey a contract.
He has had a great career, at all levels of the game... Goodluck to him in the future.

keeney

First Grade
theyll go after orford before joey, hes joey minus injuries, adn age, he only made his debut in 2000 ffs, hes got plenty left in him

m0j0

Bench
If we go after Joey I'll be seriously p!ssed off. Not that I've got anything against the guy - he's a great player, but he's past his use by date. Signing Joey would be like a return to the 80's mentality. In fact, I'd like to see us not go after Orford either. I think we could cover the position without a major signing. I think Finch has been carefully moulded to take over at 5/8 and hopefully Dorn will work out as our next halfback. Well, that's the theory, anyway.
Besides, we're gonna need the money from Fittler to keep some of our other players.

Dr_Zoidberg

Juniors
I agree with u Mojo, i really hope they don't try to sign anyone, especially a high profile player like Johns, Orford.
If they do it'll prove to me a few things,
1-that they think the Roosters are currently a one man team, which they aint,
2-that even though they will be a bit less without him, they can't handle having a "re-building year" and try to blood someone new, which may make them not so heavy title contenders
3-that they are worthless scum only interested in winning
and 4- that they are only interested in having current 1st graders that have already proven their worth, and not trying to discover someone new on their own.

Anyway, back to the subject, Great Player, Great Career. Will be missed as one of those who can make something out of nothing.
Good Job Freddie

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
A huge loss for the game. Freddy is going to be trying *that* much harder for a Premiership now, and I reckon his team will get behind him to try and send him out a winner.

No way will they go after Johns. They don't want or need him.

misty

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Once they were mighty roosters next year they will be......well.... just chickens love it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
He has had a great career, and apart from one minor blemish, always carried himself well on and off the field, a real credit to the game, and an example to some of the dunder heads running around in the game today of what you can be.
Like it or not Gooster fans you are going to miss Fittler big time, I don't think Finch is going to fill his boots somehow.

misty

Juniors
Brad Fittler is to the roosters what joey is to the Knights he is the play maker he makes things happen, you watch the fans start sqealing and sobbing next year. :lol: :lol:

keeney

First Grade
i dno, if he left in 02 i rkn they wud ahve felt it significantly more than now, theyll still feel it, but he hasnt ahd that much of an impact recently, at least not as a playmaker