What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler - We've got NO IDEA LOL

The Backpacker

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
We are definately ready for life after Freddy

And that sums it up totally. If it's a gee up, we can get on with life as we know it. If it isn't, then we can sit back with the knowledge that we are in a far better position to cope without Fittler than we have been since he came to the club.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
It has been confirmed on a Channel 7 update that Freddy has gooorn.. :cry: :shock: :x

Yes I heard that on the Wall.

Oh Well thats life!!

We are definately ready for life after Freddy!!!

The Backpacker

Juniors
I think we need to wait to hear it from the horses mouth. Media have a habit of feeding off each other. Could just be a snowball effect and other media reporting it because they don't want to look like they've missed the boat.

roostergirl

Juniors
Channel 10 news said that it will be resolved within the next few days....SO NOTHING IS DEFINITE!!!!!! They were saying that he may take a pay cut to stay but we may not be able to keep Cayless.

Just heard Freddy on 2UE, nothing is confirmed. He HASN'T signed with Wigan and he hopes to stay with the Roosters.

It seems the Media have said something, and it's been blown out of proportion. Brad has also said that he may be available for SOO next year. Though it's really too far away to speculate.

Kiwi

First Grade
Now here is the question. Would it be better to lose Fittler or other players like Cayless who are still young and part of the reason life after Fittler currently looks like it wont be the end of the world it once was gonna be? I mean you start to lose the young blokes in an effort to keep Fittler at the club for a further year or two and suddenly life after Fittler ain't looking so crash hot.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Now here is the question. Would it be better to lose Fittler or other players like Cayless who are still young and part of the reason life after Fittler currently looks like it wont be the end of the world it once was gonna be? I mean you start to lose the young blokes in an effort to keep Fittler at the club for a further year or two and suddenly life after Fittler ain't looking so crash hot.

IMO we're in the best position we have been to cope with losing Fittler and, while it would be sad to lose him while he still has some great football left in him, it wouldn't be the travesty it once was. As I've said elsewhere, better to lose him in a planned move than have someone have to step in because of injury.

The more I think about the prospect of losing him, the more I'm getting comfortable with the idea. If he signs for another couple of years and we lose some of the core players we have now, we'll be rebuilding from the foundations up in a couple of years, rather than from the first floor.

Its a hard one. If he decides to call it a day, I'll be happier than if he signs with another club, especially to go to England to play super league. :roll:

Kiwi, it's a tough one considering what Freddy has done for the Club and the Code.

I couldn't stomach seeing him go to SL or another Club because of money. However if it gets back to a choice of building for the future and we can't afford Brad then we have to let him go. I beleive he still has another 2 years [one minimum] playing elite football, hopefully it will be with us, hopefully the players will stay for less money so that we have room under the cap for all.

sretsoor

Juniors
Just goes to show the Salary Cap doesnt work.

Instead of moving to another club to spread his knowledge to the younger players, the elite players go to the UK. I cant blame them either. Why not bolster the retirement funds.

sretsoor

PS Freddy will stay for one more year :)

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Well I wont be taking any notice of anything Pen and the Brain say in the future.

That was so awful, honestly, I had the whole family in a spin over that yesterday and I tell you that I am not the most popular member of my whole family right now.

Anyway THANK GODNESS YOU WERE WRONG!!!, Brads interview on 2UE was not conclusive about whether he was going or staying in my book however, in future I will wait to I hear it for myself....

Make it a golden rule to dismiss anything I hear as gospel. Sorry RG, but I HONESTLY thought it was the truth. I won't be posting anything unless it's confirmed by the Club from here on in. :oops:

So in English your ummm saying that your bum had a heart attack? [Tears in my eyes]

I honestly thought I was going to have to be hospitalised yesterday when I was told 'the news'.. I have to say though that 'the news' spread like wildfire, even the television stations were reporting it. Bloody hell !!