What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford-Castleford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Bradford 44 Castleford 18

Attendance:12,877

Highlights:
-The match actually starting. It took around 10 minutes to read out all the names (iceman, hammer) followed by their own personal song.
-Some players ran their socks off, Hepworth for example. Also, it was good to see Worrincys head didn't drop after his first half error and he kept on trying.
-Half decent referee. I though he had a fairly good game, although others will disagree.
-It didn't rain.

Lowlights:
-Hudson and Thackray. Yet more players added to the injury list, although unlike other teams we don't use this as an excuse.
-Missed tackles once again cost us dearly
-A certain Cas player who once again isn't pulling his weight. I'm sure I don't need to state who it is.

Estimated Cas fans I think around 300-350, although it was hard to tell.

How were the Cas fans? Again, taking the mick out of our current situation. I think at away games we are down to our 'hardcore' support now, and they tried their best to get behind the team.

Comedy Moment: Take your pick from:
-Brad Harrington. He really wound up the Bradford fans.
-That 'thing' that wobbled around at half time (cue jokes about the Cas players). What was it advertising?
-The banner we made (okay it was a piece of A4 paper that said 'Bulls' on it) in the hope we'd win the half time competition.
-Anymore?

In a nutshell I really thought we could win at Odsal, but too many players were missing (No, I'm not blaming injuries). Players like Saxton and Smith, what happened to them?
Again missed tackles cost us and our next game against Salford is crucial.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
JasonE said:
How did Andy Kain go ?

Not too bad, he started on the bench and didn't get much time.
In recent games Dom Brambani has outplayed him and is looking like a very good prospect.

I hope Andy Kain can have a decent game soner rather than later, because with Luke Robinson possibly coming in and Sheridan and Rudder returning he might not get many games.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Yeah, Reardon and Langley seemed too powerful for the Tigers.

And the banner got us wound up, nah the evil water man who was running on the pitch ever 5 seconds. :evil:

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
:lol: has he actually played yet Tiger?

He has, 6 games (I think) scoring 2 tries. He's now injured :roll:

Also, there aren't any rules against the water carrier being on the pitch. Like I said on rlfans, Bradford never have 14 people on the pitch do they :lol:

Hopefully we can win our cup final against Salford (which makes a change because normally our cup final is against Leeds) :lol:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
:mrgreen: :clap: I never said anything about the water carrier, I was just laughing at all the immature Bulls supporters been a bit pathetic over the water carrier, shouting abuse and making un-nesacary nioses.
I am a Bulls supporter, but I just found the fact that they were doing the above, really pathetic, and it's a time they did some support, instead of complaining.

Well, I wouldn't like to see another Yorkshire team lose the battle for Super League, Lancashire is not a place I enjoy travelling to, especially on a night, and where most likely to see Liegh popping up from down below.

Also, Have you heard any news on us Bulls getting punished for having 14 players on the field at one time of play?
As I haven't heard anything over at rlfans, over at the bulls message board, on the website of superleague or the Bulls official website.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
I didn't mean to have a go. I admit he is on the pitch a lot, but then he needs to be as some of our players don't seem to know what they are doing :cry:
Speaking of support, the Bradford fans I was stood near were really having a go at Paul Deacon.

I'm still confident we will stay up, and keep our record of never being relegated intact. However, it is awful being at the bottom of the table. Believe me, the heartache of missing out on trophies and not qualifying for the top 6 is nothing compared to the prospect of relegation.

I haven't heard any news about the 14 players on the pitch. I think they will be let off with a written warning.
St Helens had 14 players on the pitch against Cas in 2002, and the extra man even tackled one of our players who had a clear run to the tryline (although I'm not sure he-BJ Mather-would have scored). I suppose at the end of the day the extra Bradford player didn't affect the result.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
It's all cool Tiger, I won't judge you for my little tell off :lol:

Yeah well, he wa son quite often, but that's his role and he never got in the way of play, so I don't know what all the supporters of the Bulls were moaning about.
Sorry, I have a thing about our supporters, I'm not very keen on any of them, I spite them, so I'm slagging them of right here.

Well, Deacons not had the best season, I'll be suprised if he makes the Great Britain squad come the Tri Nations, but he is Nobles little pet.

I hope you stay up, I love attending though's matches between you and the Rhinos.
I think Cas alway's put up a good fight when facing the bigger opponents, adn I love going to the Jungle.
Yeah, here's me been selfish, I'm not happy thinking about possibly not making the Grand Final and winning it this season, and you're there at wit's having problems of relegation.
Idaubt we'll see Halifax ever come back, but you're support is strong and the squad is good, if you go down you can fight like the Giants did, don't even lose belief.

Whilst I'm here, how old are you are you male or female and are you located in Castelford, a bit of friendley bitter.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
I'm confident we will stay up, but if we do go down, I don't think we have adequate facilites to be promoted again (although at a recent Supporters Club meeting Richard Wright said we have completed some ground improvements which means we will have good enough facilities to be promoted again).

I'm 19, Male and am on the newly set up Castleford Tigers Supporters Club committee.
I'm based in sunny Castleford although I travel to Huddersfield University 4 days a week.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
How many people are a member of the newly set up Tigers supporters club?! And is that a club that will have say in thing's what happens at the Tigers, and will you be following them home and away.

By the way, I'm female and 17 ;-)

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
My first season was 1997, when we were almost relegated. Amazingly i wasn't put off, and I've missed three matches since 1999.

The Supporters Club has just short of 200 members, which is pretty good to say we have only been set up since January.

We are set up to help the Tigers, and any money raised will be put in to help improve facilities, juniors, new gym etc. We aren't trying to take over the Tigers becasue they have lent their full support to the supporters club, but we are used as a voice for supporters to have their say in how The Tigers are run.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Well, I'm pretty sure you'd do a good job, taking over the Tigers.
Yes, I think facilities do need to be improved, hopefully as much as the Jungle is loved, you can get things back on track, and move to better stadium with modern facilities.

That's one thing I don't enjoy whilst attending matches at the Jungle, the facilities, but that's not to be worried about, it's the team and the coaching staff what is a worrie and about the battle of the bottom, yourself and Salford.

I'm pretty sure, once a couple of the injured are back, the Tigers will be on a sprawl, btw when is Damien Gibson going to be fit to play?

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
We do have the full support of the council with regards to building a new stadium. We just need to find a stadium backer to finance the move.

I'm not too sure about Gibson, I think he is around 3-4 weeks away from fitness.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
So judging by the new's in Australia and in the media in the UK, how do you think Motu Tony will strengthen the Tigers squad, judging if you actually seen him play in the past?!

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
TBH, I've not really seen Mr Tony play before. From what I can gather, he will fit in well but I shouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave half way through his contract.

I did notice he got MOTM when NZ played St Helens (or Hull, I can never remember) on their tour in 2002.