What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford in trouble

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
To lose a great club like Bradford for the sake of 500K is incomprehensible. I'll pledge some money.

roughyedspud

Coach
cos huddersfield invest in youth and spend wisely on 2 or 3 quality imports to compliment the english talent...........bradford have'nt

Raising 500k in 10 days is one thing, But they will most certainly collapse at the end of the year unless they can miraculously win the competition and earn funding that way.

langpark

First Grade
Why didn't they ring the alarm bells earlier!? It's a bit hard to do anything now on such short notice.

I hate seeing clubs doing this, asking for donations. They should at least offer something in return, a few ideas of the top of my head:

Organise a match vs Leeds (for example). Call it the "Save Bradford match" or some other slogan so that fans know how important their presence is. I don't want to over-simplify the whole situation, but if you charge 25 pounds on the day....

25 x 20,000 = ???? you guessed it, 500,000...

or

print a cheap/crappy t-shirt that says "I saved Bradford" or something, and again, hope to sell 20,000 for 25 pounds each....

Again, you can only do so much with such short notice....

Teddyboy

First Grade
I remember reading a few years ago that Bradford would move to Huddersfield's ground or merge with them ?.

WireMan

Bench
cos huddersfield invest in youth and spend wisely on 2 or 3 quality imports to compliment the english talent...........bradford have'nt

Yeah that could be it.

Or it could be the wealthy owner they have who keeps putting money into the club.... that Bradford have'nt. ;-)

Interesting that Bradford got a grade B license. They are completely skint and got a terrible ground but got a grade B?
Grade B?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How bad was the bid from Halifax?
It must of been wrote on the back of a beer mat in crayon to be worse.

deluded pom?

Coach
Why didn't they ring the alarm bells earlier!? It's a bit hard to do anything now on such short notice.

Apparently their bank either withdrew or reduced their overdraft facilities. Taking into consideration that Bradford had sold the lease on Odsal to the RFL then I suppose it's understandable as Bradford now have minimal assets to play with. It is ironic though that Bradford's bank is the Royal Bank of Scotland that was set to go tits up a few years back and was bailed out by the government. The taxpayer owns 82% of the RBS. The RBS are also the main sponsor for the Six Nations!

Last edited:

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Actually hadn't realised their attendances had dropped off so badly from the early superleague days. Truely were a leading club in that regard. Lot of hype at the moment - I expect them to be bailed.

Wonder how much of this, if at all, is a consequence of that ridiculous Iestyn Harris saga? Haven't quite been the same club since then

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
No bailing from the RFL this time. They have already given them money in the last 18 months to try and stop this happening apparently.

ninearches

Juniors
If only for the sake of Odsal being a world record holding stadium, for attendance, Bradford should be saved. That piece of history cannot be turned over to developers.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If only for the sake of Odsal being a world record holding stadium, for attendance, Bradford should be saved. That piece of history cannot be turned over to developers.

Sounds like Bradford the city is f**ked now that wanker George Galloway has got in.

WireMan

Bench
It's not just Bradford that is f**ked. The whole country is f**ked.

Maybe, Labour did do an awesome hatchet job on the country..
But thats for the 4c forum.. ;-)

So so true but I early chucked up seeing Galloway celebrating with a certain group of people/culture.
The Bulls should move to somewhere nice like Otley.

Why? We not allowed to play rugby in places where certain groups of people or cultures exist?