What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brainless

Iafeta

Referee
What a load of dribble from the Warriors. Gutless, cowardly performance. They've got a rep as a dumb, inconsistent side, and they proved that to all and sundry.

Toopi, coming in when Mannering and if needed Jones had Hannay wrapped up, shocking. Paleaaesina throwing an aimless offload to Mr Nobody, and then on the last tackle not working from marker and allowing an extra man overlap for Jensen to get a second try, Webb not being able to catch a cold - sh!t, I feel sorry for Fien, Jones and in particular Wiki and Villasanti who busted their ar$es out there, just for dumb, dumb, dumb play to cost them yet again. Sionara top 8.

By the way, Tony Archer, thanks for that strip call on Toopi when Sweeney coughed it up, loved your work on the offside call when Norton dropped it with the marker directly square in front of him, Steve Nash, one of your best having one look at Guttenbeil's definite try, Meli's arms are up contesting the ball, Myles knocks on, Guttenbeil scores - what is so freakin hard to rule about that? You took 47 looks at a clearcut try to Sweeney when 1 would do, and 1 incorrect look at Guttenbeil's try when 47 would do.

Kingbunny

Juniors
I think the worst think about the game were the forward passes from dummy half. How stupid were they ? STUPID STUPID STUPID

Iafeta

Referee
You'd think you'd be aware wouldn't you?

Guy has overrun the play, pass behind him, or run.

He was dodgy today Lance, a couple of times he chose wrong options when Stacey was screaming for the pill with a spread backline.

Kingbunny

Juniors
Certainly not rocket science is it. Just a simple basic of the game.
Put themselves once again under pressure when getting on top of the opposition.
Another lost game that should have been won.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Another game we should of one with the usual suspects spoiling some excellent work by Ruben Wiki & Villa.
*sigh*

Eddie.

Bench
The Warriors only have themselves to blame in a way. They were the better side the longer periods, infact they look to powerful for the Cowboys tonight and looked like they would run away with it. However they floundered under the pressure as they have in many close games this season.

playdaball

Bench
The dummy half forward passes were shockers. Any RL or touch side would not do that many forward passes in a season from dummy let alone in one game from a 'pro' NRL side. They should have won that one against a weak Cowboys outfit. Good on NQ.

Scorpio30

Bench
So what was that corner we'd turned again Tony?....Mind you thats what the NZ cricket team say whenever they have a good win...only to follow it up with a gutless loss.
5 Cowboys out=game there for the taking and they blew it.
Webb was rubbish...hmmmm wonder how Byrne would go back there?
Vatuvai went alright.
Toopi was on the down side of his "up and down" season.
Ropati tried is hardest, defended okay but couldnt penetrate in attack.
Meli, average I guess....he contested that high ball BTW.
Fein was good in patches
Jones I think would have been good if Hohaia had feed him the ball so he could use his options.
Mr in-effective, one of THOSE games where he decides he cant be bothered running on to the ball at pace and makes about as much impact as something that doesnt impact much.
Hohaia was very good and very terrible.
Wiki, BEST GAME THIS SEASON
Guttenbeen, was average. ie one of his better games.
Koopu went okay
Sione, continued on from last week but just couldnt find the holes.
Villasanti, BEST GAME THIS SEASON
Te Mata was below his best but not terrible
Betham, have NEVER rated him
Mannering......well not much he could do about the situation really.

Atleast the Bulldogs did us a favour and hopefully we can sqeeze past them at home next weekend.

Humphrey

Juniors
Comes down to the coach not being able to get inside the players heads. Cant be his selection which is what I always reckoned cos the team was the same as beat the Broncs. Kemp just hasnt got what it takes to motivate the players and keep them going. And thats the coaches role isnt it ?? GET RID OF HIM

Skinner

Coach
Wiki absolutely shone - restored my faith in him.

Manu - where are the doubters now

Rest - crap

da mad maori

Juniors
Week in, week out, year in year out, the trend continues.They go from absolute brilliance to, as you say it, "dumb, dumb, dumb.But this must be the "mummy" of them all. Total lack of concentration, not just from one player, but more or less right across the park.With the exception of Wiki. I'm gonna start with the axing of Toopi and give Mannering a start. He is, in my mind the "J.Carlaw" of this present day. Safe hands, can punch the "gap", and is a pretty good defender. For mine, as brilliant a player as Toopi can be, this year, he has been too much 'up-n-down. Bring in Mannering Tony Kemp.
Toddy WILL be back against the Doggies. No if's or buts' about that.
Hohaia, lets just hope that performance was a one-off. At this time of the season and the situation we are in, we need him, with a brain. But he has got to accept, that Jones 'IS STILL' our No 1 playmaker, and director.
But god, what can you say about the "old man' aye. The professionalsm of the guy is nothing less than outstanding.

carlnz

Bench
Humphrey said:
Comes down to the coach not being able to get inside the players heads. Cant be his selection which is what I always reckoned cos the team was the same as beat the Broncs. Kemp just hasnt got what it takes to motivate the players and keep them going. And thats the coaches role isnt it ?? GET RID OF HIM

That is a crap comment, Kemps decision to Ifecta off and put Villar on was outstanding..turned the match...Kemp did not throw 4 forward passes, or drop the ball twice with the line open?

As for Toopi, he came in to help the young kid..he made a mistake...just shows when one of our winngers get injured then we are in trouble...

And I cant believe no one is giving Meli a wrap?? that was his best game of the year by far...from kick returns he ran hard and straight..aka 2003...he even got in the forwards for a couple runs...

This week should be Lances last chance..he does some brilliant things from dummy half than dumb things! But we always play crap up at North Queensland...

This loss will cost the Warriors big time

Iafeta

Referee
carlnz said:
As for Toopi, he came in to help the young kid..he made a mistake...just shows when one of our winngers get injured then we are in trouble...

A massive, massive error in judgement that one. Mannering had him covered, and whats worse about it is Stacey Jones was 2 metres away if needed.

Martli

Coach
That game lacked Todd Byrne...

I actually though Toopi had sorted himself out eh, but f**k it, cut him now.

Webb, he's been solid most of the season, just one baaaaad performace. Keep him I say.

Villa deserves to get a starting spot and Wiki deserves captaincy ;-).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
1. Wibb
2. Vats
3. Ropo
4. Byrne
5. Meli
6. Fein
7. Jones
8. Wiki ( c )
9. Hohaia
10. Villa
11. Guttenbeil (has been great recently)
12. Koopu
13. Faumuina

14. Paleaasina
15. Temata??
16. Lauaki???
17. Mannering

ozbash

Referee
toops has had his 14th chance, haere ra mate.
byrne is too small to play center, either vatuvei or mannering should be shifted there immediately.
meli is not a wing, byrne is,, bench meli.

wibby is allowed one bad game, that was it.

Latest posts