What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NEWS. Fui Fui DENIED leave to appeal

strider

Post Whore
I think they are quite clearly out to get Fui....consider him a bad element in the game or something and want to rub him out.

absolutely f**ked!!! - can't think of any other way to describe it...if that was reckless grade 3 then I think we need to just throw out the whole careless grading scale, cos it applies to NOTHING

Parrasque

Juniors
contact hadley on the 2gb.com.au and tell him what you think about the decision.

I have already sent

True EEL

Bench
Mr Moimoi's large and powerful arm......the only thing he got right in that report

what about Witts arm that clobbered Riddell intentionally???? 2 weeks and Fui 9 for "making some kind of contact somewhere"

again a joke

strider

Post Whore
Physique said:
contact hadley on the 2gb.com.au and tell him what you think about the decision.

I have already sent

why? ray hadley is a c**k - he's probably loving every minute of this

The Colonel

Immortal
Physique said:

I have already sent

What, so he can make up another song?

Email the NRL..... sending an email to Hadley about the Eels will probably go in the deleted items.

Nickeel

Juniors
strider said:
why? ray hadley is a c**k - he's probably loving every minute of this

Be that as it may, his weekday program is high-rating, and he has some influence with NRL issues if enough of a stir is warranted.

Nick

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
What, so he can make up another song?

Email the NRL..... sending an email to Hadley about the Eels will probably go in the deleted items.

Will also mail them shortly... but as he was just speaking about the suspension, thought it might have a chance of being aired.

Nick

strider

Post Whore
So - which team does chairman of the wankers Woods go for? Wouldn't be anyone left in the finals would it?

New rules everyone - EVERY SINGLE tackle around the head is "reckless" - if you swing your arm and it hits their head its reckless - full stop end of story.

Dear Mr Woods - I don't give a sh*t what sort of colourful lawyer language you use to try and justify your dillusional beliefs and I don't give a toss what lame title you have in life....you obviously have no clue about reality....why don't you come down from your pedestal and wake the f**k up!

the_eel

Juniors
Very pissed at this decision. Fair dinkum how he can get 9 weeks and other blokes get 1 or 2 for similar hits and in Dunley's case he spits in a blokes face and gets nothing. The NRL judicial system is an absolute farce!!

strider

Post Whore
Nickeel said:
Will also mail them shortly... but as he was just speaking about the suspension, thought it might have a chance of being aired.

Nick

dude - ray only airs what he agrees with....he howls down and cuts anyone off who trys to express an opposing opinion.....I find it hard to believe he will go into bat for Fui cos Fui is a Parra boy.

Kornstar

Coach
Barnes was NOT standing upright, i can't believe that was never mentioned, surely if someone is crouched down there has to be some consideration, Trent Barrett threw 2 punches at an upstanding player while his back was turned and got one week, i just don't get it, the inconsistency is amazing and it is something that should be looked at because although i feel Fui did the wrong thing and should be punished, i would like the same to happen to other players who break the rules yet are seemingly untouchable!!

I feel the NRL needs to come out and explain to the fans how they can get 18 weeks for Danny Williams and then drop it to 1 week for Barrett? That is not consistant, also Webb got 6 weeks, Barrett gets 1, the common factor in all of those incidents was that the person getting punched was not looking at the player. The NRL were quick to jump on the Danny Willims thing and tell us they do not condone that type of act on a footy field, the next year their State of Origin Star king hits someone from behind and gets 1 week and the defence we get is "it's not his go".

I am with Strider, i will be sending a nice email off to the NRL, they will probably welcome the change as i imagine they would be receiving 400 emails a day from disgruntled Tigers fans.......

Wobbygong

First Grade
I feel sorry for Fui, it was Fui's defence team who stuffed up! Their contention was that he didn't make ANY contact with Barnes head, and while the new evidence shows it wasn't as bad as it first looked, the fact remain contact with the head WAS made and on that basis there were no grounds for an appeal.

9 weeks is a little ridiculous for a glancing blow, regardless of it's wreckless nature. Should have got 3 weeks maximum!

I still think you'll be alright without him anyway, Wagon's going great and Hindmarsh is back for the big one .

Nickeel

Juniors
strider said:
dude - ray only airs what he agrees with....he howls down and cuts anyone off who trys to express an opposing opinion.....I find it hard to believe he will go into bat for Fui cos Fui is a Parra boy.

I hit copy (my post), paste, send... it really wasn't too hard.

If he reads it or not, I don't really care. I didn't waste large portion of my life writing it.

Nick

strider

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
Barnes was NOT standing upright, i can't believe that was never mentioned, surely if someone is crouched down there has to be some consideration, Trent Barrett threw 2 punches at an upstanding player while his back was turned and got one week, i just don't get it, the inconsistency is amazing and it is something that should be looked at because although i feel Fui did the wrong thing and should be punished, i would like the same to happen to other players who break the rules yet are seemingly untouchable!!

I feel the NRL needs to come out and explain to the fans how they can get 18 weeks for Danny Williams and then drop it to 1 week for Barrett? That is not consistant, also Webb got 6 weeks, Barrett gets 1, the common factor in all of those incidents was that the person getting punched was not looking at the player. The NRL were quick to jump on the Danny Willims thing and tell us they do not condone that type of act on a footy field, the next year their State of Origin Star king hits someone from behind and gets 1 week and the defence we get is "it's not his go".

I am with Strider, i will be sending a nice email off to the NRL, they will probably welcome the change as i imagine they would be receiving 400 emails a day from disgruntled Tigers fans.......

Oh but don't forget, Barrett was "provoked", he was "defending himself" - they beat up a bullsh*t charge against PJ just to try and justify not giving their darling Trent a decent suspension.

I have always thought it wrong to actually accuse anyone of cheating in the past - put it down to ppl making mistakes - but I am turning towards the conspiracy theory side of things - cos there is far too much unbelievable stuff that goes on these days to just put it in the "he made a mistake" basket.....there are ppl with biases and agendas with some standing in the game and they are protecting those they like and punishing those they have something against.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wobbygong said:
I feel sorry for Fui, it was Fui's defence team who stuffed up! Their contention was that he didn't make ANY contact with Barnes head, and while the new evidence shows it wasn't as bad as it first looked, the fact remain contact with the head WAS made and on that basis there were no grounds for an appeal.

Fui maintained all along he didn't hit him It wasn't the defence team. They backed him up.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Don't waste your time or effort with the NRL, it get's you no where.

They come back and say sorry pal, the tribunal is independant of the NRL and to maintain its integrity we must not be seen to interefere with it decisions etc.

strider

Post Whore
Wobbygong said:

9 weeks is a little ridiculous for a glancing blow, regardless of it's wreckless nature. Should have got 3 weeks maximum!

I still think you'll be alright without him anyway, Wagon's going great and Hindmarsh is back for the big one .

So f**king what if they originally said there no contact - what the hell difference does that make?....there was no decent footage to show he did make contact and Fui probably said I didn't hit him....so thats what they went with.

I think I turned the stove off before I left home this morning - but hey, I don't really know - I was in a rush and it happened so fast...if someone shows me a decent camera angle of it then I'll confirm it!!!

Fine - he hit him - he deserves some suspension....but dopey Woods claims it is justifiable to call that a reckless grade 2.....what the f**k?....the guy's either f**ked in teh head or he's got an agenda