What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

EdLondon

Juniors
Guerra looked absolutely gutted in his presser today. Some good honest insight to last weeks game and the titans game coming up.

perverse

Referee
I'm not even sure the truth matters at this point, people are going to believe whatever feels right to them. More than likely there's nuggets of truth coming from everywhere, with everyone putting their own twist on the tale to suit their position. News Ltd. crave the drama and will draw every ounce of story they can from it. We want stability and the story put to bed as quickly as possible.

I'm way beyond wanting someone to blame at this stage. The year is written off, again. More interested in how we're moving forward.

John Bogangar

Juniors
Some of the article seems quite plausible, ie Pearce and Ponga's poor attempts to downplay the situation to the media after Brown told the playing group not to defend him etc.

The part about the senior players meeting Gardner on Tuesday morning and an understanding being reached that they supported Brown remaining as coach for the last two rounds seems complete BS.

I'm hoping the news about Ponga's future and intentions are true, but I get the feeling that it isn't quite as innocent as Gardner makes out.
I reckon Gardner will get found out. He’s not up to it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I love how the Broncos clean out/rebuild year has them still finishing in the top 8 and our year of hope and promise (after 3 clean out/rebuild years) turned out how it has.

aqua_duck

Coach
I love how the Broncos clean out/rebuild year has them still finishing in the top 8 and our year of hope and promise (after 3 clean out/rebuild years) turned out how it has.
Unlike us the Broncos have absolutely nailed their junior development and scouting and are reaping the reward with guys like Fifita, Haas, Staggs, Flegler, etc making a real impact. Our junior system has been broken for about 15 years now

perverse

Referee
Unlike us the Broncos have absolutely nailed their junior development and scouting and are reaping the reward with guys like Fifita, Haas, Staggs, Flegler, etc making a real impact. Our junior system has been broken for about 15 years now
Absolutely one of our worst problems, and one that many other problems can be traced back to. Until we're producing first graders we're going to struggle, full stop.

aqua_duck

Coach
Absolutely one of our worst problems, and one that many other problems can be traced back to. Until we're producing first graders we're going to struggle, full stop.
I feel like the issue to further exacerbated by our mantra of building around local juniors. Look at the storm who dont have strong juniors and instead concentrate resources on scouting and recruiting really good youngsters like Papenhuizen, Brandon Smith, Curtis Scott, etc from other clubs, we continue to waste resources and bank on a flawed system

Burwood

Bench
I like how in the space of a few weeks we’ve gone from a club who tried so hard to model themselves on successful clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters, to suddenly needing a coaching director like Hagan because that’s what the Titans have done with Mal and Matty Johns said it was a good idea.

Onwards and upwards!

aqua_duck

Coach
I like how in the space of a few weeks we’ve gone from a club who tried so hard to model themselves on successful clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters, to suddenly needing a coaching director like Hagan because that’s what the Titans have done with Mal and Matty Johns said it was a good idea.

Onwards and upwards!
They obviously didn't pay attention to Hagan's last director of football gig, he set the club back more than Bennett did

Knight Vision

First Grade
dont have strong juniors and instead concentrate resources on scouting and recruiting really good youngsters
the Roosters MO. Cherry pick other clubs 16 year olds that are virtual certainties to be quality NRL players.
I bet they were all over Best at some stage.

Knight76

Juniors
The difference between us, and the roosters, broncs and storm, is they have a prolonged period of sustained success. If a junior player is looking to move to a team, and you have those three interested and Newcastle, who are you going with?

Newcastle have a sustained history of medicority with a few good seasons in there. Those other clubs are the opposite.

We can scout all we like and I am sure they are, but we are going to miss out on the cream of the crop majority of the time. Knights never had the resources to pay the quality juniors good money to stay, Roosters etc swoop in and sign em up to good money and steal the talent.

The good juniors we do produce get stolen for the reasons above.

Until the club can be a prolonged force in the NRL, we are going to continue losing juniors and losing out poaching juniors.

aqua_duck

Coach
the Roosters MO. Cherry pick other clubs 16 year olds that are virtual certainties to be quality NRL players.
I bet they were all over Best at some stage.
That's abit of a misconception, the only 'junior' they poached was Cordner. Radley, Nat Butcher, Lachlan Lam and Billy Smith who debuted last weekend are local juniors, guys like Latrell, Manu, Sitili Tupounuia, Angus Crichton, Aubusson, Faamasuli all came through SG Ball and hadn't been part of an NRL set up before the roosters and Sam Verrills and Daniel Tupou were let go by Manly and Parramatta respectively. All in all they've absolutely left us for dead in terms of junior development which is embarrassing, even more so the fact they have a tiny junior catchment area.

Knight76

Juniors
So basically Gardner running the Knights, making decisions without consulting the advisory committee?

Does the advisory committee actually have any responsibility or power making decisions? Or just giving advice on matters when asked?

Latest posts