What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

Yosh

Coach
Brown won't implicate anyone. He'll cop it on the chin as something that has happened and is part of the game.
As it stands now, with what's out there even though it's not verified, I'd settle for:
Gardner gone
Pezet gone
Don't sign O'Brien
Think seriously about Wane but back him up with recruitment. I'd even consider Gould in that role or another.

We get the slate partly cleaned, influences from outside minimised and it's almost over except for player backlash.

I'd be prepared to sacrifice players regardless of who they are for the sake of integrity and stability.

And what? Another 5 spoons and a decade and a half in the wilderness??

How do you think what you suggested would help the club in any meaningful manner?

perverse

Referee
Agree with KP and Klemmer. I think Pearce is a part of the problem though. The difference between his best and worst is far too much for an elite half. Outside of those couple months he’s been pretty average this year particularly at the start.

It’s partly because he doesn’t have a quality half outside of him but he needs to be better too. He tries hard and defensively he’s very good, but his kicking game has been so up and down this year.

He was much better overall last season when he got on the park.
He almost won the Dally M last season while missing a huge chunk of footy.

But nah, outside of a month or 2 he's been awful for us. Hahaha fmd, how absurd. The truth is we'd be super deep in the shit house without him.

mozza91

Coach
He almost won the Dally M last season while missing a huge chunk of footy.

But nah, outside of a month or 2 he's been awful for us. Hahaha fmd, how absurd. The truth is we'd be super deep in the shit house without him.
Eh? I said he was better last year. He was very good for us consistently when he got on the park last year, which is why I’ve been disappointed with how up and down he’s been this year.

Burwood

Bench
The disappointing thing about Pearce this year has been that it takes him 5-6 weeks to understand what the problem with his game is and to make any changes.

I lost count of the number of times I’ve heard him and commentators observe that, once you hit 30, you understand your game so much better and that you mature as a player. It seemed to be the major argument as to why Pearce was the right player to win the origin series compared to past years.

Yet a six game losing streak is needed for him to have the brainwave of focusing on his own game and leading from the front? Or even worse, he only realises this after having a conversation with the coach? :confused:

You can forgive a young player like Ponga for not playing consistently, but you expect more from your senior players.

Still Nutty

Juniors
On the captaincy going forward, I'd be keen to give Klemmer the responsibility of being the leader on and of the field.

From what I've seen and all reports the man eats, sleeps, and dreams footy and is clearly passionate and driven. I am up for a leader that won't leave anything on the field and demands that of his team mates to do the same. The look and conversation at the end of the game with Saifiti a few weeks back and his general demeanour after a loss shows how much he takes it to heart and he is not afraid to call out his teammates when they are not up to standard - it reminds me a lot of Joey and his captaincy in demanding commitment and effort and leading in both word an deed on the field.

It might be a double edged sword with that much passion but I'd prefer to see that in my leader than somebody who doesn't appear to give a $h!t when the going gets tough ( a la) looking like he's been on a bender the night before a critical game

perverse

Referee
Eh? I said he was better last year. He was very good for us consistently when he got on the park last year, which is why I’ve been disappointed with how up and down he’s been this year.
Sorry mate, I wasn't referring to you in that part of the comment. That didn't come across correctly.

Burwood

Bench
On the captaincy going forward, I'd be keen to give Klemmer the responsibility of being the leader on and of the field.

From what I've seen and all reports the man eats, sleeps, and dreams footy and is clearly passionate and driven. I am up for a leader that won't leave anything on the field and demands that of his team mates to do the same. The look and conversation at the end of the game with Saifiti a few weeks back and his general demeanour after a loss shows how much he takes it to heart and he is not afraid to call out his teammates when they are not up to standard - it reminds me a lot of Joey and his captaincy in demanding commitment and effort and leading in both word an deed on the field.

It might be a double edged sword with that much passion but I'd prefer to see that in my leader than somebody who doesn't appear to give a $h!t when the going gets tough ( a la) looking like he's been on a bender the night before a critical game

The flip side of that is that you need a player who can keep a level head and not get too caught up in the moment. Passion is no good when you need to communicate with the ref 20 times in a match. Other than that, Klemmer would be everything you expect from a captain.

Sione will hopefully be there in a couple more years, but other than that the only other players are struggling to make our top 13.

perverse

Referee
Well, at least we have a shot at having a go for Old Boys day now. Wouldn't have happened with Brown still there.

Agree with Fred though, what an epic clusterf**k.

Apey

Staff member
Well we will probably go undefeated and premiers now the man behind all our wins this year is in charge.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Character is formed through life experience. Sorry mate, I just completely disagree with the entire premise. I also don't believe there's just one type of leader. People follow people for a multitude of reasons.
Then you would be incorrect. If you have children you werent paying attention. We are all born with certain character some have a predisposition to leadership and those skills may be learned over time.

The leadership gene is known as rs4950 and it's an inherited DNA sequence.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
But like
The past 48 hours has been the most untidy display by a club ever. Just very confused

And to think that this time last week I was thinking about how well it had been handled by everyone involved. Brown stood down, there was a very professional press conference where he and Gardner sang each other’s praises and it was thought that the players would have a strong finish to the year because of their mutual respect for brown. Fast forward to this week and it seems like none of that has happened at all.