What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking NEWS!!!!!!!!!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Listen to 2gb at about 5:30 to hear Sandra Nori battle it out with Riff Raff over Stop the Rot!!!!

thats 2GB

873AM at 5:30pm today (4/8/04)

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Will be posting the interview on the net not long after it happens

stay tuned to the STR website/forum to find out more

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stop_The_Rot/index.php?showtopic=179&st=0

She is right on somethings, but seriously..... STR wants to get right into it! Riff is right when he said how she hasn't rung him or STR up. Its true! STR wants this to happen and we arnt holding it back, its Balmain Leagues that is.....and the last time i checked it was STR asking for the $$$, not Balmain Leagues

and besides, its not Balmain Leagues responsibility to look after it, its bloody crown land! its sandra's job to be getting reports done! Balmain Tigers lease the oval out, they dont own it! and before people say that the council should step in, the council has fully backed it and is waiting for Sandra to do her part!

she is VERY mis-informed!

Sincas

Juniors
Calm down Cullus.. Nori is right that she doesn't have a proposal yet. The wheels are in motion and she is aware of the situation which is good. I assume that is the point you are referring to westie?

The Council and Balmain Club need to get together and get the proposal done so we can submit the petitions along with it.

We would like Nori to be more encouraging but don't expect a gaurantee at this stage. Progress has been made and while it may not end up being the result we are hoping for, we have had a dig and not stood by and expected it to just happen.

westie

Bench
Sincas said:
Calm down Cullus.. Nori is right that she doesn't have a proposal yet. The wheels are in motion and she is aware of the situation which is good. I assume that is the point you are referring to westie?

The Council and Balmain Club need to get together and get the proposal done so we can submit the petitions along with it.

We would like Nori to be more encouraging but don't expect a gaurantee at this stage. Progress has been made and while it may not end up being the result we are hoping for, we have had a dig and not stood by and expected it to just happen.

Yeh, you definately need a concrete proposal before something can be done.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
That was embarrassing. Every thing that Sandra said was rational and reasonable. That is not the way to get government on your side. In the day and age when trains are falling apart, hospitals are crumbling you can hardly blame the government for being reticent about investing money into a stadium that is of questionable economic standing. Why would a government invest in a stadium if no club is going to use? Of course they need to include the Wests Tigers in this process.

I understand peoples hearts are in the right place but this issue must be placed in context. It is a football stadium ... not a school, not a hospital nor a police station. Lets have a bit of understanding of the political realities of the situation

cheers

s. tiger

Gobbso

Juniors
Just on that post you made Southern, that was exactly Ray Hadley's argument late last week. Similar comments. He basically said, its not an important issue, and believes the Government have more important things on their agenda. It's time for people power to prevail, and hopefully for STR, it does. People like Sincas and Rif especially have poured so much effort into it.

magpiemax

Juniors
SouthernTiger said:
That was embarrassing. Every thing that Sandra said was rational and reasonable. That is not the way to get government on your side. In the day and age when trains are falling apart, hospitals are crumbling you can hardly blame the government for being reticent about investing money into a stadium that is of questionable economic standing. Why would a government invest in a stadium if no club is going to use? Of course they need to include the Wests Tigers in this process.

I understand peoples hearts are in the right place but this issue must be placed in context. It is a football stadium ... not a school, not a hospital nor a police station. Lets have a bit of understanding of the political realities of the situation

cheers

s. tiger
TRY explaining that to BALMAIN diehard's!!!

yappy

Bench
TRY explaining that to BALMAIN diehard's!!!
Try explaining anything to Balmain diehards. ;-)

Tigger! here puss, puss, puss! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

barrytiger

Juniors
SouthernTiger said:

cheers i understand what you and sandra nori are saying,NSW is the most taxed place to live in australia is it our fault the state government cant fix the hospitals and transport.everywhere you go or anything we do theres a tax or a toll we have to pay,where do all the taxes go.surely they could help

s. tiger

Sincas

Juniors
I thought the budget we were aiming to draw funds from was the Sport and Recreational one or something to do with developing or redeveloping important community structures (part of this ground is heritage listed I believe and on Crown land).

We were not asking the Govt to cut spending on hospitals, trains etc and if you think they will be transferring money from the Sport and Rec budget to pay for trains and hospitals then I stand corrected.

What people are not realising is it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things. We have a ground, it just needs to be repaired and brought into the 21st century. Its an asset to improve rather than let die. Once its operational we can show that it can pay for itself if the Crown Lands Dept let it be used in certain ways.

I agree the papers and media have twisted it a bit and Nori is right about certain things. Its the general attitude we have been shown from her that is not encouraging so we want to make her aware that people care about this issue and its not going to go away.

By the way, there will be people collecting signatures again on Sunday so if you haven't signed yet, please sign on Sunday and if you can spare some time to help, come and see us at the gates. Cheers.

RedRugby

Juniors
Sorry Guys I need to start by saying that I didn't hear the interview yesterday, however I really do take objection to people saying that Leichhardt Oval isn't worth saving.

The argument that funds would have to be diverted from hospital funding or from the upkeep of schools is pure fallacy. That's not how govt budgeting works. Its usually what is politically palable at the time....

The government continues to slug people in the hip pocket in the form of indirect taxes across a myriad of different areas. I didn't hear Michael Egan saying, "No stamp duty charges are too high and we're making too much money!" when the housing market was at its peak. So let's not fall into the argument of there isn't enough to go around.

The issue at hand is the renewal of a community based sports venue that holds fantastic memories for people young and old. Surely the signifinance of Leichhardt Oval within the Inner City should weigh just as heavily as the renewal of Campbelltown that was recently upgraded and the various urban renewal projects that Bob Carr has undertaken.....

Plenty of people within the inner city play and attend sport....

Perhaps it would do well for Sandra Nori to remember that....

A wonder if Sandra's opinion would change if STR were to become a politically threat?

All the very best with the fight....

Red Rugby

HOT028

Juniors
maybe the str could run at the next election as the str party, you will have at least one policy "saving the den"

SouthernTiger

Juniors
No one has said Leichhardt Oval isnt worth saving merely that we must go about it the right way. Which is to show the government that there investment wouldnt go to waste. Sincas you talk about it coming from the sport and rec budget but it isnt as simple as that. It is still money that could arguably be spent in other areas. Nothing that Sandra Nori said should be construed as a lack of support. She merely said that there is a process for this type of thing and that process will be followed. You can guys can talk about the community all day long but the community does not have the product which will make LO a sustainable entity, wests tigers does. The fact that the Wests Tiger (not to mention Balmain) disagree with this proposal doesnt help your cause, and in reality any attempt to fix LO must be done with their consultation. This argument about crown land is churlish. Its no point builing a stadium if no one will play there

cheers

s. tiger

magpiemax

Juniors
Imagine what a 3 bedroom apartment with 360 degree view's and 3 minutes from the city would be worth at the current Leichhardt oval site. :evil:
Do you think they are thinking about us Footy supporter's????????? :roll:

Latest posts