What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Parra News

El Diablo

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
I agree with sunny.

It sounds contemptuous from Brian Smith, a bit arrogant so to speak.

You heard him?

You know how Hindmarsh's injury is going?

On the Sunday Footy Show they had him comment on the game v the Cowboys earlier this year and why the City/Country players were rested.

They won 50-12

Iafeta

Referee
No, I didn't.

I'm going off what I heard here.

My point is, if Hindmarsh is able to play at 80-90% then he's an asset to the Parramatta side. Sitting him out for one extra week might come back and bite Parramatta, he's a vital cog. You don't want to underestimate the Cowboys, regardless of their current form or lack of. If he's able to play, play him - if not, give him up till kick off to find out for sure rather than write him off point blank now on the assumption of being in the grand final.

Iafeta

Referee
My main point is Smith on Sunday afternoon saying Nathan Hindmarsh definitely won't play, we want him fit for the Grand Final will be used as motivation by Graham Murray to spur on the Cowboys.

If he was asked the question I'd have simply said its a case of wait and see.

I have a suspicion though Smith will pull him at the last hour if he's half fit.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Pretty hard to know what he said when you're getting it third hand but keep making it up lol

Iafeta

Referee
Who's to say the Cowboys players are going to hear what he said?

For all we know, Graham Murray could have heard it (or not) and could spin it anyway he wants.

Its up to Smith how he handles it, he's pretty experienced, been there, done that and IMO will win it this year - but I'm assuming he was asked on Hindmarsh I'd have said something along the lines of we'll wait until next weekend to get a better idea on his fitness, rather than he won't be available next weekend we need him fit for the GF if we make it.

I still suspect its a smokescreen and he will play.

Eelectrica

Referee
Iafeta said:
My main point is Smith on Sunday afternoon saying Nathan Hindmarsh definitely won't play, we want him fit for the Grand Final will be used as motivation by Graham Murray to spur on the Cowboys.
Shouldn't playing for a grand final berth be motivation enough?
If their motivation level isn't already at its peak and they're relying on Brian Smith to provide the rest of then they are in trouble.

Iafeta

Referee
True Eelectrica, very true. But I know I've been in teams that have gone into very important matches and we've used comments or controversial moments to spur us on a bit.

Who knows - I think Smith's had his best year as a coach in first grade this year so who am I to question him really.

mickdo

Coach
Iafeta said:
True Eelectrica, very true. But I know I've been in teams that have gone into very important matches and we've used comments or controversial moments to spur us on a bit.

Who knows - I think Smith's had his best year as a coach in first grade this year so who am I to question him really.
Quite frankly, I reckon it is extremely unlikely for what 2GB said Smith said, to actually be what Smith said. Hadley and his Manly cronies at 2GB have been trying their hardest to say as many negative things about the Eels for some time, and my money is on their 'version' of what Smith said as being utter bulls**t.

MrSharky

Juniors
I doubt smith will want Hindmarsh playing a GF having not played in the 3 weeks prior...

I think he'll start off the bench.

icon6.gif

Moffo

Referee
of course he will play

smith playing silly buggers. dont underestimate the cows

lockyno1

Post Whore
Moffo, put money on Parra! It would make for an awesome GF, although I am not fussed if Parra win!

Latest posts