What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakthrough: editing player attributes

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Hi guys,

Once again, like I did in the demo, I have been able to edit the player attributes in the game.

As of yet, I haven't tried changing player faces, but the attributes are quite simple to change.

I've created a tutorial to help you all out-

http://www.freewebs.com/rlgaming/downloads/RL_Editing_Tutorial.zip

(You may need to right click save target as to download)

What my ultimate aim is for someone to create an editor, as doing this method to all of the player would take years...

Make sure you backup the db folder before trying any of this,
Scott.

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah, make sure you back it all up beforehand, the whole db directory is a good idea. Then just hex edit away, since Nathan Hindmarsh got my editing treatment a few days ago he's gone from 3 tries on the season to 21. I love it.

Paullyboy

Coach
Just a note on your stats mate, some of the players for some reason have their stats in a different order (eg Rhys Wesser, Clinton Schifcofske and Phil Graham). I went to edit them the same way as everyone else but ended up changing the wrong things, im not sure what players are in the differenent order, and im not too sure what the order is, all i know is that a few outside backs are written weird for some reason

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Yeah, I noticed that when I went to change some of the other players eg. Gorden Tallis.

I really don't know what the matter is with the different ones...

Also, in my tutorial, in one of the tables describing the hex values, I made a stuff-up. Instead of having 0A in the table, I had 10. Just letting you know...

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh i guessed that straight away when i was looking over it, im trying to pinpoint if there are any common categories where players have the same stat positioning but it is seeming very random so far. :(

Jiffy

Juniors
just a question here - when you open the "player" database with the hex editor, which one of the subfiles should you be editing - "player" is a folder on my PC, with a load of separate files, eg player1.anm, player.dff, uplayer.dff etc

which should I be opening with the editor, at the moment Ive tried a few of them and just seem to get numbers and no recognisable player names in it, so you dont get to find anything with the find facility

any suggestions?

Jiffy

Juniors
it's alright I've actually worked out the answer to my own question. What you need to do is go into the file RugbyLeague/data/db I was looking in RugbyLeague/data/player instead

sorted it out now!

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
its the same as editing the demo, you can change there faces and stuff as well, kimmorley now has purple skin and pink hair MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!

Latest posts