What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Kite

D

dragonman

I just want to know wat everyone else thinks of Brent Kite. I think he has hands like feet, and as a centre his defence is pitiful as he stands and ball watches b4 trying to think about moving there way. Premier league is more his level. Wats everyone else think.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Personally I think he's handling leaves a lot to be desired. Plus, he always seems to drop them at the worst times and in the worst field position.
But he can defend - as long as you take out that woeful experiment when he was put in the centres against Newcastle.

D

dragonman

Im with u midas, the only reason kite is getting a look in with 1st grade is because everyone is either injured or at origin. Please if u think he is a future rep player then i believe u would be the only one. I cant c how anyone thinks he is good. His hands let him down to much.

you all have short memoirs sure enough kite is out of form & having trouble
with his hands but what the season he had last year.i think that will give a
better indercation how he will go in the future.as for the dragons this year
lets be realist we certainly have the arsnell there but whether it can be
used at the right time & right place is yet to be seen.look at last friday
night vs broncos how manny times did we have the ball on there line how
manny repeat sets of six did we get one thats how manny kicked out on the
full three times the broncos dont make those silly mistakes they flog us
have to use it at the right time & right place. we will make the eight
allright but to do any good we will have to improve a good 40 to 60 %

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragon man: "Im with u midas, the only reason kite is getting a look in with 1st grade is because everyone is either injured or at origin. "

Truth is, he has played every match this year with only one exception. I'm merely stating this as a fact and not to exalt the virtues of Brent Kite.He was getting selected every week well before Origin and/or any injuries to other backrowers.

kite is a good player with the potential of being a great player. he has hardly dropped a ball the last few weeks. his one on one defence is first rate. he is beginning to understand that running at angles gives him a better chance to break the line.

it's all starting to gel together and once it does look for him to start killing them.

stbrian

Juniors
no worse than our two wingers between them they cost us at least two trys,when you look at the game saints had many chances and didnt use the right options on at least 4 try bombing times.
But iam a bit confused with browns selection of ridell on the bench why leave your best player there is he unfit or heading like tallis to another club ,we left tallis and others on the bench too long and lost games and good players to other clubs.
any way another costly loss ,or one that got away ,i hope it dosnt cost us a place in the semies.

had firmirn kicked it down on there line 10 to 12 minutes to go instead of
runing the ball on the last we win the game at that point we lost all
momentum.they got down on our line kicked a field goal the rest is
history.patience,exacution=victory