1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Brent Naden Fan Club

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Fangs, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Fangs

Fangs Bench

He had another ripper last night. Constant threat, didn't look flustered at all in defence. Unlucky to not score a double or set up a couple himself.

age.s, BxTom and Pomoz like this.
  2. Thirsty Panther

Thirsty Panther Juniors

3. betcats

betcats Coach

Gonna need a Brian To’o fan club soon with all these athletic finishes. 6 and 5 tries a piece from Nado and To’o I believe in not many games each, they are not more talented than the players they replaced but I think they just want it more. Desire, confidence and intent make a big difference, they seem to both be tryscorers which we desperately needed.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    OldPanther likes this.
  4. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

Getting them in and playing more expansive has done wonders. Our left edge is almost unstoppable now.

betcats likes this.
  5. betcats

betcats Coach

Yeah it’s been great to watch, just gotta improve our conversation rate on linebreaks but we are certainly headed the right way.

OldPanther likes this.
  6. Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis Juniors

Waqa Blake is certainly a superior athlete compared to Naden but Naden has superior footy instincts. Look at the amount of tries he's got off grubbers in his short career or that time he almost scored a try when played to the whistle and kept kicking it forward. Waqa probably would have ran over Dufty and scored that try but there have been plenty that Naden sniffed out that Waqa wouldn't think to do.

It's hard to compare the two but I prefer Naden's style especially considering our team at the moment. The only other person with instincts to sniff out points in a similar way that we have is Maloney.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    betcats, OldPanther and Pomoz like this.
  7. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Big year for Naden.

Great enthusiasm, good kick chase and pretty good under the high ball too. Should be on basically no money at all. Working class outside back who herds sheep in his free time. A fan favourite.

Shit defence but I'm sure he will get that sorted.

8. Blues Riff

Blues Riff Juniors

Yep, still a fan.

9. age.s

age.s Bench

I have my doubts but I'm really rooting for the guy. Hes only come across as a good, honest bloke. The more of them around the squad the better.

The yak likes this.
  10. Thirsty Panther

Thirsty Panther Juniors

11. betcats

betcats Coach