What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Tate or Eric Grothe??

Brent Tate or Eric Grothe?? Who Should Australia use on the Wing??

• Total voters

Bullrider

Juniors
I think Grothe shouls play on the wing however tate should take cooper's place as tate was awesome in a beaten side. I think Grothe is awesome and probably a tad better after watching kings efforts so far. Grothe to wing tate to centre.

Glen

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Why not put Cooper on the wing? He probally has played more than Tate there. Tate is proven at test level, Grothe is not. Take tate out and you have King, Grothe, Cooper, Gasnier, Prince who ALL have less than 5 caps. That is very dangerous in a test match having that many inexperienced players. Grothe will get a game but it probally will be either late in the tournament if there is an injury OR against the French.
I hate the inexperience argument, sometimes it is ridiculous. Grothe is the best winger in the comp, why the hell would anyone prefer two centres to play wing. The only thing Tate has proven at test level is that he can play centre but sucks horribly at wing. Cooper is a centre too and barely has any test experience, yet you have no problem playing him out of position in favour of Grothe?

supersaint

Juniors
I think Grothe should play wing for you guys becvause he would have a field day with the GB wingers but somehow I think Tate will get the nod due to him playing well in both games so far.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
For me Eric Grothe

Just more x factor (i know i know the Aus/NZ length of field try) but still i like grothe, hes fairly young and has more upside in my opinion

aussies1st

Staff member
Tate has the x-factor just not on the wing. All his good work in attack is undone during defence thats why he plays centre.

abdogg_85

Juniors
why cant we have both, go back to gasnier and tate as the centres and king and grothe on the wing. Its not like cooper had that good a game, he was just on the end of some good work from locky and mini compared to tate who as we saw in the first game can do things on his own.

Kiwi

First Grade
I reckon the two centres for the final against the Kiwis will be Tate and Gasnier. Cooper will probably play the next game and then that'll probably be it for him, his 2 games in the series.

JJ

Immortal
I voted Grothe - but Tate's not done much wrong, and he's Bennett's favourite so he'll probably get the job

Tate. He's done a good job so far, even in the first game when the Roos played poorly. It would be pretty unfair to drop him now in favour of a bloke selectors didn't think (rightly or wrongly) was worth picking in the first place.

JJ

Immortal
East Coast Tiger said:
Tate. He's done a good job so far, even in the first game when the Roos played poorly. It would be pretty unfair to drop him now in favour of a bloke selectors didn't think (rightly or wrongly) was worth picking in the first place.

I think the Roos played poorly in both games...

They were much better with O'Meley and Ryles on the field - but for most of that Wiki and Rauhihi were off...

aussies1st

Staff member
No body is saying to drop Tate. Its more of a case that Tate shouldn't be on the wing. He should be in the centres over Copper.