What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Webb barely getting knife to mustard

Anonymous

Juniors
Let alone cutting it.

I'm starting to agree with ozbash here. Sitting in the South Stand last night I was thoroughly traumatised by Webb's gormless fullback play in the first half, where I was pretty much seeing the same things he was. He's got to be the worst kick returner in the NRL and he seems to be a great fan of knocking the ball dead at any opportunity. Also he seems to think there is a rule that you have to get sin-binned every time the opposition makes a line break, last night he failed on the first attempt so he made a desperate and successful attempt to get himself binned on the next tackle. I hope this isn't seen as aimless Webb bagging because I have been backing Webb in the past and still think he is a talented player, but his fullback play has shown little sign of improvement since about midway through last year, and still leaves a LOT to be desired.

i don't think hes going that badly hes scored more then anyone else in the warrriors this year.
And last night he sould have never got sinbined that was a bad call from the reff.
i think hes quit a good fullback sure i agree he does knock it dead a lot instead of trying to get out. But to do that he has to be in the right place. He is good at reading play and an alright defender.
he didn't have the best game last night but he still save a sirtain try by takin down steve witt.

Iafeta

Referee
Didn't deserve the binning. Steve Lyons was out of control. He is not fit mentally to be an NRL grade ref on his performances against us in the past.

Webb needs to run back at pace. He's an outstandingly quick man, run, use it. God, don't follow Stacey Jones' bad examples.

Anonymous

Juniors
Ok, did anyone just watch NRL Fulltime- Webb was the Lion Red Man of the Match! WTF is going on??? Is that fan voted- if so I can understand it (unlike the fact that he got 3 Dally M points last round, this coming from the so-called experts :roll:) because he always seems to get the fan vote, probably because he has a lot of adoring female fans.

Iafeta

Referee
Tony Martin, Louis Anderson, Tevita Latu can feel prouder of their efforts last night.

The others can get lost on that effort, including Webb. Certainly not MOM.

ozbash

Referee
i voted for latu, i thought he had a very good game although i cant understand why he was benched so long.
maybe the TB ? dunno :?

Iafeta

Referee
Given the pack went sideways and not forward, I thought he did quite well. About 30 tackles, a couple of nice kicks, clean service on every play, not bad. Better than anything Dezolt could offer. As shown last week by Latu, as soon as the pack gets an ounce of dominance, he is terrific. He has the ability to be the best hooker by the end of his career, provided luck and fitness stays with him.

thierry henry, brent webb is a good looking guy!! as a knights fan i have 2 say hes great 2 watch......hes been ok this yr could have been better but he aint BAD!! c'mon u should be lucky u have some1 lyk him!! hes a awesome player!!

Rudolph

Juniors
thierry henry, brent webb is a good looking guy!! as a knights fan i have 2 say hes great 2 watch......hes been ok this yr could have been better but he aint BAD!! c'mon u should be lucky u have some1 lyk him!! hes a awesome player!!

Webb can be a great player he's exciting with the ball, getting better in dfense and has a bit of a kicking game but sometimes he does silly things.

ozbash

Referee
latu reminds me of pj at his absolute best.

if/when he makes a full recovery from TB and gets a few games under his belt he will take some shifting.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No problems with Latu atm, he occaisionally makes mistakes but he makes great yard out of dummy half, gets through a lot of work in defence and his service isn't as bad as some make out.
Webb on the other hand just looks lethargic. He has a tomn of pace and a great step, but he just dawdles and jogs on his kick returns. He needs a kick up the srse IMHO.

Iafeta

Referee
Actually, I think he's cut out a lot of his mistakes. He was riddled, I remember his debut wasn't flattering, but his hands have improved. I think for a hooker he has the crispest pass at the Warriors.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I'm surprised Webb hasn't been mentioned as a candidate for the Aussie test team next week! :shock:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Sure his kick returns haven't been great. But his support play and positional play are top quality.

On most occasions when an opposition player has made a break, who is back there to take him high and shut him down.... Webb!!! He's saved our arses on a fair few occasions.

Latest posts