What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch > John Morris

Avenger

Immortal
half said:
a couple of losses and the bash john morris bandwagon comes out to play again. seriously you guys are nobs ffs

and you just keep giving him man love. :p

stiffmeister

Bench
Agent Mulder said:
Remember:

*When getting a release from Easts, Brett Finch's 1st option was signing with Parramatta
*He has played the house down for Easts since being moved to 5/8th.
*Brett Finch is looking forward and wants to play alongside Tim Smith
*Everytime Brett Finch is asked about his move to Parramatta he is very upbeat about it
*The Roosters didn't have a F-ing Clue how to use him proper and put all this pressure on him when Fittler retired, I have a feeling when he comes over to Parramatta he will be relieved of this pressure and play his normal game and re-caputre his awesome 2004 form which nearly saw the club he was playing with win a grand final.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself

Y2Eel

First Grade
Agent Mulder said:
Our halves future now is 6.Brett Finch & 7.Tim Smith, And to tell you the truth i couldnt be happier John Morris is a good player but he isn't a 5/8th he has done quiet well in that position for the past 2 years but it is time for a change, I really believe that signing Brett Finch is a step in the right direction and will give us alot more options in attack.

Remember:

*When getting a release from Easts, Brett Finch's 1st option was signing with Parramatta
*He has played the house down for Easts since being moved to 5/8th.
*Brett Finch is looking forward and wants to play alongside Tim Smith
*Everytime Brett Finch is asked about his move to Parramatta he is very upbeat about it
*The Roosters didn't have a F-ing Clue how to use him proper and put all this pressure on him when Fittler retired, I have a feeling when he comes over to Parramatta he will be relieved of this pressure and play his normal game and re-caputre his awesome 2004 form which nearly saw the club he was playing with win a grand final.

isnt he chummy with hagen though?? that could explain a bit, and why he came here... but lets see how he works out next season... he did almost winner a player of the year..

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
You forgot one thing.....Finch is leading easts in try assists and line breaks made....also i think his coming top 5 overall, not to sure but.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Prodigal Eel said:
You forgot one thing.....Finch is leading easts in try assists and line breaks made....also i think his coming top 5 overall, not to sure but.

he's a good player but people need to have their scape goats.. he is easts, burts ours used to be wagon or peterson....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
iv'e always thought morris's best spot was dummy half and he has done nothing to change my mind about that. i could never work it out when we signed piggy and pj when we all ready has morris. :crazy: it looks like we'll have more options in the halve's next year :D PS jay jay you have NFI about footy

Bigfella

Coach
Morris can certainly tackle though. Made some rippers last night but yes his option taking has been bad last few weeks.

If only he could beat the first man when he gets the ball in the opposition 20 he would offer so much more at 5/8.

Tries his arse off though and you have to admire him for that.

i rate finch as a very good player, a little inconsistent, but still very good, despite alot of people not liking finch, i have nothing against him, alot of players would question the refs calls, especially these days, and imo, its anasta that isnt sharing the work-load for the roosters, i think finch is doing all he can as a player

lucablight

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
Tim smith was worse set up one try then went walk about. Typical Tim smith style he is poison to the blue and gold

How good was Mckinnon though? Crap positioning, Knock ons and missed tackles!

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
his young and with any young player, no matter what sport there playing.....they will be inconsistent!
Its only when they mature mentally they understand how to do the little things right and keep up that consistency!
You saw glimpses of it last night....when we were attacking, but nothing was on Timmy had the mind just to place a kick and get a repeat set!
IMO, if we dont aim up in the fowards, his talents will be wasted!
Put him behind the bulldogs pack or Broncos pack and he will shine! Thats why im worried about next year, if our fowards dont step up (cannings, tsoulos, Zeb etc).....he will be wasted!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Every one can cry all they want.
It's not the players fault. We have been dealt with a cruel blow. WE HAVE NO PROPS! Of course the backs will look like crap without them. Our strike second rowers are going to waste etc. etc.
I have no doubt that if we still had at least fui and caylo we would finish the year in the top four and seriously compete for the premiership.
It's pointless laying flack on our backs. Everyone is flat on their feet. I think every parra supporter this year has learnt the value of front rowers in league. I know i have. Which other team, without their first 6 front rowers, can do what we have done. It's a real shame we didn't take our chance when we had it last year.........then again it's not over yet.

Utey

Coach
I cant wait for Finch to come, I still think his defence needs a bit of work but he will be good for us. New surroundings and an actual "want" to play with us will surely all be positives for us.

Jizmizm

Juniors
Morris is solid. Has not been for the past 2 weeks, but a great player. Not neccessarily at 5/8 but good utility. Finch can be a step above morris tho, when on his game

Sean7

Juniors
Morris has plenty of experience and when one of your more experienced players is the one making rookie mistakes, you're in trouble. Especially in the halves.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Rabbitohs2005 said:
i rate finch as a very good player, a little inconsistent, but still very good, despite alot of people not liking finch, i have nothing against him, alot of players would question the refs calls, especially these days, and imo, its anasta that isnt sharing the work-load for the roosters, i think finch is doing all he can as a player

well said rabbits!

Parraren

Bench
Finch actually finished the season 3rd for try assists.

26 Andrew Johns
24 Matt Orford
19 Brett Finch
18 Darren Lockyer
18 Grant Rovelli

Not a bad effort considering the Roosters finished 2nd last. Grant Rovelli (another Roosters reject?) also did very well for the Warriors.

True EEL

Bench
please don't knock Morris on the back of two average games when the whole team played badly.....puh-leze...???

however, i do think Finch can do some things for us next year at 5/8, especially since he won't have the pressure of being "the primary playmaker" which he is not great at most of the time, hope he does well...

Latest posts