What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Firman

wittyfan

Referee
Firman is spending a nice retirement in paradise.

00508856.jpg

slippy

Juniors
Hmm, Cronulla Sharks in 2002.. 19 years of age.. Career ruined because of head.

How ironic.

fortae

Bench
Nope. Head pipped him for the starting spot in Round 2 I believe. Shortly after that, Firman hurt himself (playing reserve grade with Head in firsts).

Firman was playing very poorly and Head was playing well. Firman was dropped after the first game. I watched him play the next week at Kogarah (first grade were in NZ) and the spiral downwards continued.

A week later, a player from Newtown dived at his legs (at Henson) while kicking and he broke his leg badly. He came back later in the year but was terrible in the halves.

Meanwhile, the club recommended that he work at playing as a hooker. He refused and took up a big money contract from the Roosters to replace Fittler.

Surely

Post Whore
No wonder she had difficulty identifying most of the participants, there was more than one firman in the room.

sass

Juniors
So whatever happened to Brett Firman anyway ?

I suppose if this world is consistent he is looking for a job right now ? :sarcasm:
Somehow I dont think so:roll:

I can't answer your question but daaaammmmn it's just inevitable that the fall out from this has to be different for johns and for firman. one is a media personality who is also paid by telstra to do motivational video link ups with KIDS, and one is brett firman.

yesterdayhero

Juniors
Firman was a gun when he first started, He would of got rookie of the year 2003 if the awards were on.
Then he got injury broken leg in 2 spots and really never got the chance at the Roosters and played a few games at the Cowboys but JT runs the show there and then panthers gave him two games when one game against the tigers i think he got man of the match but was dropped. I could never understand that.
10 times better than Head.
Head is sh*thouse

Firman was a gun when he first started, He would of got rookie of the year 2003 if the awards were on.
Then he got injury broken leg in 2 spots and really never got the chance at the Roosters and played a few games at the Cowboys but JT runs the show there and then panthers gave him two games when one game against the tigers i think he got man of the match but was dropped. I could never understand that.
Head is sh*thouse

Welcome to the forum Brett.

fortae

Bench

Only if you are blind. Firman wasn't an adaptable player and he couldn't develop his game. Head's injuries have been worse but he had few such problems. Work ethic is one area that would have helped Head.

Injury may have stopped Firman progressing as far as he could have, but he was likely to go from club to club because he couldn't put a game plan into effect ... unless that game plan said run at inopportune times, kick long but rarely keep pressure up on the opposition and do no organising of the team.

brokendigit

Juniors
Only if you are blind. Firman wasn't an adaptable player and he couldn't develop his game. Head's injuries have been worse but he had few such problems. Work ethic is one area that would have helped Head.

Injury may have stopped Firman progressing as far as he could have, but he was likely to go from club to club because he couldn't put a game plan into effect ... unless that game plan said run at inopportune times, kick long but rarely keep pressure up on the opposition and do no organising of the team.

Firman had the goods - he had the physical game to be a long-term rep player. Couldn't put a game plan into effect? Pfft. Please... Now I've heard it all. He did no organising? He was what? 22 when he broke his leg? He was sharing the running of a team that had a lot more experience than the current team, and he was starting to gain the team's respect.
I also think he impressed enough reasonable judges to assume he at least had a long first-grade future ahead of him.
He may not have been the most mentally-resilient character, but to say he couldn't put a game plan into effect is borderline geniused.
Get some idea, or let old posts die...

brokendigit

Juniors
That's people in the media. People behind the scenes? Absolutely not.

You've got no idea. There were a number of senior people at the Dragons who were sold on the idea of him leading the team for 10 years. His next contract was going to be a lengthy one. Then it all went pear-shaped.

Latest posts