What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris, the next Nathan Blacklock???

brendothejet

First Grade
Try scoring machine who is dangerous from any part of the field. Lighting quick with great vision and a finishing ability to die for.

Do you think that he is destined to suffer the same fate as Blacklock? Three years running the leading try scorer but couldn't crack the sky blue despite NSW being desperate for a points scorer.

Will it be that B Moz sole rep match is a Test against the Kumuls?

nathan Blacklock was good enough for Australia, but not for NSW.

I hope for Moz's sake he doesn't suffer the same fate.

The Nick

Bench
Nope cos unlike Blacklock, Brett Morris has good size and is a good defender as well - he's more suited to SOO footy. Plus he has Wayne Bennett pushing his claims which carries a lot of weight in RL circles.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nah. All Morris has to do is be consistant til next years series & he'll be in fo sho. Might even be a chance for Origin 3.

Selectors are just hesitant to put in a rookie. Williams is a rookie too, but he's played for 'Straya.

dragonfan1

Juniors
I don't think Brett Morris has played any rep footy Brendo. I think u mean Josh Morris as he was picked in the PM XIII last year. Unfortunately I never really saw Blacklock play as I've only been watching nrl since 06 so I can't compare the two.

big pat

Coach
daley on fox sports last night was justifying the team, said on soward something like if he continues to improve, he could make tri nations tour or whatever they call it.just not ready for origin yet.

Kiki

First Grade
B.Moz has played for Country before too. i think he will make it in Origin eventually. im okay with them not blooding him, i would hate if he went in and had a bad game and was marked never to play again.

plus we need him for the Drags!

watatank

Coach
B.Moz has played for Country before too. i think he will make it in Origin eventually. im okay with them not blooding him, i would hate if he went in and had a bad game and was marked never to play again.

plus we need him for the Drags!

that was josh

God-King Dean

Immortal
Same sh*t...

OT, but Josh Morris would have to be the player with the least FG games to play rep footy wouldn't he ? He only debuted that season.

brendothejet

First Grade
I don't think Brett Morris has played any rep footy Brendo. I think u mean Josh Morris as he was picked in the PM XIII last year. Unfortunately I never really saw Blacklock play as I've only been watching nrl since 06 so I can't compare the two.

Nah mate I was referring to the fact that Blacklock played for Aus against the Kumuls, but never cracked it for NSW. In saying that I hope B Moz doesnt play brilliantly and keep getting over looked at NSW level.

Wouldn't be surprised if B Moz made the Kangaroo squad for the Quad Nations and debuted against FRance.

in Blacklocks time NSW were in desperate need of points. We couldn't score em for money. Blacklock scored 70 tries in 3 seasons. He was a freak who could sniff out the line, or an intercept, from a mile away.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Same sh*t...

OT, but Josh Morris would have to be the player with the least FG games to play rep footy wouldn't he ? He only debuted that season.

depends in what era we are talking about.. i'm pretty sure there are a couple of players who were picked from bush footy to play rep footy at some point.. i just can't remember exactly who..

Benny

First Grade
Brett Morris and Nathan Blacklock are two totally different players.

Morris has a complete all round game and is far better than Blacklock was. Blacklock had moments of brilliant in attack and produced many over a long time to be a very good player but never had an all round game.

Morris is terrific in the air, vastly improving in defence and is great on kick returns and running from dummy-half. Blacklock was ok in the air, questionable in defence and average in kick returns and tragic running from dummy half.

brendothejet

First Grade

Morris has a complete all round game and is far better than Blacklock was. Blacklock had moments of brilliant in attack and produced many over a long time to be a very good player but never had an all round game.

Morris is terrific in the air, vastly improving in defence and is great on kick returns and running from dummy-half. Blacklock was ok in the air, questionable in defence and average in kick returns and tragic running from dummy half.

average kick returns from Blacklock?

see 99 grand final.

lol

Blacklock was a wingers winger. A finisher, a flashy try scorer. Whilst Brett does have a great defensive element to his game you'd have to argue that in the 10 years since Blacklock's golden era defense has become far more a part of the game.

watatank

Coach

Is he? He always seem to struggle under the high ball, is either not in position to take a bomb or very shaky under it

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
one simple way to settle this argument..

trevor-barnes-albums-misc-rcmb-images-picture436-thunderdome.jpg

he who leaves is the better winger...

(and i put my money on blacklock.. tinga seems like a pretty rough town..)

brendothejet

First Grade
hahah mad max...

THis isn't an arguement..well i didn't intend it to be. It was more a lament, in that i hope the NSW selections 9appalling all round) aren't a repeat of history.

We've been blessed with some pretty awesome wingers in my time but rarely do they get into the blues side. I hope the same is not in store for Brett (or josh even)

AS for the blues side...rubbish. we will lose by 40 and they are quickly turning me off SOO.

Blacklock would win in the thunderdome btw...thats my tip.

bazookabarry

Juniors
brett morris is one of my all time favorites, but he's not as good as the great tingha just yet! ran into tingha at woolworths inverell last year, he's a really nice person as well. good to see. go the mighty saints.:D