What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett or Josh Morris. Or Both.

MJ 23

Juniors
Josh I would say, but both play different games.

Brett would be faster than Josh, and seems to be a more gifted natural runner, with a more fluent running style. Josh has a bigger frame, especially in his upper body - he's probably a good 7-10kgs heavier than Brett. This of course makes Josh slightly slower, but what he loses in speed he makes up for in strength. Josh proved this Origin series that he's capable of stopping Greg Inglis one on one in the centres, and he has a very capable attacking game.

Both are great players. But that's the way I see it.

He couldn't shut down Gagai last night. Morris made 11 tackles and missed 6.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Josh Morris has always been the better Morris imo. Always referred to Brett as "the worse Morris" because I always confused their names.

Bretto

Bench
He couldn't shut down Gagai last night. Morris made 11 tackles and missed 6.

Not good. But I suppose then we go 1 of 2 ways with that... Either Gagai is a superior talent to Greg Inglis and worked over Josh Morris, or, Josh Morris had an off game. Gagai is a good attacking player with good footwork for sure, but I'd be willing to say that Josh Morris had a slightly tough day and missed a few tackles on Gagai.

MJ 23

Juniors
Not good. But I suppose then we go 1 of 2 ways with that... Either Gagai is a superior talent to Greg Inglis and worked over Josh Morris, or, Josh Morris had an off game. Gagai is a good attacking player with good footwork for sure, but I'd be willing to say that Josh Morris had a slightly tough day and missed a few tackles on Gagai.

If you look at the stat even closer, Josh had 3 ineffective tackles as well.
Gagai made 19 tackles and missed 3. Throw in a line break, a try assist, and 3 offloads. Gagai is origin bound next year.

Bretto

Bench
If you look at the stat even closer, Josh had 3 ineffective tackles as well.
Gagai made 19 tackles and missed 3. Throw in a line break, a try assist, and 3 offloads. Gagai is origin bound next year.

I don't have all the stats in front of me, but can you go over Gagai's last maybe 5 or 6 games and see how many tackles he's missed? I think it's quite high. However, QLD will probably be looking for another centre as I think Justin Hodges might retire from rep footy next year, and with Inglis's form at Fullback it's hard to see him getting punted from there either.

Anyway, that's for another thread.

ek999

First Grade
I don't have all the stats in front of me, but can you go over Gagai's last maybe 5 or 6 games and see how many tackles he's missed? I think it's quite high. However, QLD will probably be looking for another centre as I think Justin Hodges might retire from rep footy next year, and with Inglis's form at Fullback it's hard to see him getting punted from there either.

Anyway, that's for another thread.

Lol Slater will be fullback for Qld next year unless he is injured. A couple of good games by Inglis is nothing compared to what Billy has done

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Brett is faster, more evasive, better under the high ball, has good instincts and is a better finisher out wide. Josh is stronger, more aggresive, has more of an arsenal moves one on one, good on field awareness and is a better finisher going into contact. Both defend pretty well and both are natural try scorers. But for mine I prefer Brett's style.

Fire

First Grade
Can't split them. Would love to see them back together on the same side of the field.

drago brelli

Bench
There's a younger brother who's potentially better the both Josh and Brett. He's simply happy playing for the Kiama Knights.