What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian smith

Mal

Juniors
Needs to make some changes before its to late.
First of all, carmont and tighe need to go.They do not belong in first grade.Opposition teams must be rubbing there hands laughing every time they see the two named.Why there still there is mind blowing.IMO mad dog and franze would be 10 times better of in the centres then these pair.Didn't brian see how well macdougall was at souths in the centres?Macdougall is no longer a winger imo.Its quite clear to me mad dog aint happy out there on the wing.A player like macca would be more suited to the centre position.

And how wrong of smith to dump thaiday after just one game in the top grade.It was the worst performance i have seen of the knights as a team yet it was thaiday who was made the scape goat.It was carmont and tighe that should've been dropped,Not just because of the raiders game but all games played so far this season.They both don't have a clue on how to read the play and the longer there still there the worst of we are going to be..Franze deserves his chance to play top grade football and we will be a better team for it.

The game against the storm was there for the taking today as we all know but we didn't have the match winners to snatch it..The knights played very good as a team but stupid little errors cost us in the end.I believe if we had of had players like milton thaiday and paul franze out there today things might of been a bit different.I for the life of me cannot picture us winning a grand final with tighe and carmont in the side..:(

Anyway,If i had a chance to name next weeks side this is how it would look.
1/thaiday
2/Mcmanus
3/franze
4/macdougall
5/Uate
6/mullen
7/The great one
8/perry,Although he better stop giving away penalties
9/buderus
10/seargent
11/simpson
12/patterson
13/As crazy as it sounds i think gids would go well here.He can tackle as good as anyone and is as strong as a bull.If not then abraham or kirk reno.
Woolnough
newton
white
gidley who would be a great utiliy player Imo would be the bench,Coached by Mal:D

Stranger

Coach
I can't understand how you blokes can pick Thiaday at fullback when you know he has troubles with his hands. Its really got me stuffed.

Ill have another crack at this tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Frederick

Staff member
Doesn't matter anyway, he picked up a nasty looking shoulder injury during Prems today :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
This could almost be merged with the other thread where people are nominating their teams for next week, couldn't it?

jimmyo

Juniors
Mal said:
Needs to make some changes before its to late.
First of all, carmont and tighe need to go.They do not belong in first grade.Opposition teams must be rubbing there hands laughing every time they see the two named.Why there still there is mind blowing.IMO mad dog and franze would be 10 times better of in the centres then these pair.Didn't brian see how well macdougall was at souths in the centres?Macdougall is no longer a winger imo.Its quite clear to me mad dog aint happy out there on the wing.A player like macca would be more suited to the centre position.

And how wrong of smith to dump thaiday after just one game in the top grade.It was the worst performance i have seen of the knights as a team yet it was thaiday who was made the scape goat.It was carmont and tighe that should've been dropped,Not just because of the raiders game but all games played so far this season.They both don't have a clue on how to read the play and the longer there still there the worst of we are going to be..Franze deserves his chance to play top grade football and we will be a better team for it.

Get used to the poor selections with B Smith at Newcastle - and get ready for him to let your best players go and sign no hopers! I'm so glad Parra got rid of choker Smith - but I'm not sure if Hages is much better yet...

CJKnight

Juniors
You have sargent returning from injury (with very little footy under his belt for the past 9 months) walking into the starting side.

Sargent is not a saviour... he will have to work his way back into match fitness in PL like anyone else.

MC DUI

Juniors
christopherjon said:
You have sargent returning from injury (with very little footy under his belt for the past 9 months) walking into the starting side.

Sargent is not a saviour... he will have to work his way back into match fitness in PL like anyone else.

He looked super fit in the premier league game last night, he couldn't get enough of the ball.

roopy

Referee
christopherjon said:

He was funny in PL yesterday - he wanted to do every hitup to prove himself but they kept using him as a decoy runner till finally Hunt gave him the ball, and he was so shocked he juggled it up in the air and batted it back to Hunt like he was playing volleyball - turned out to be a good play in the end.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm so glad Parra got rid of choker Smith - but I'm not sure if Hages is much better yet...

If Brian Smith can be likened to HIV, Parramatta now have full-blown AIDS

Utey

Coach
Isn't it unbelievable how fast the tides can change!

I'm definitely not having a dig at you guys, but there were a few blokes saying thanks for Smithy etc. I've always been a fan of his, I can't thank the bloke enough for what he did to our club. He ultimately transformed us from cellar dwellers to genuine final contenders. But in the space of 1 or 2 weeks whilst Smithy was getting encouraging results and Hagan was seemingly at the reins of a side which showed no heart or guts in round 1 or 2, where up at Newy, there was a turn around where Smithy is already copping a hammering. Now we have Parra fans thanking Newy people for Hagan. The season is young and I'm sure you guys will kick off soon enough.

My advice is too have faith in the bloke, he'll do your club wonders. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Frederick

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:

I'm definitely not having a dig at you guys, but there were a few blokes saying thanks for Smithy etc. I've always been a fan of his, I can't thank the bloke enough for what he did to our club. He ultimately transformed us from cellar dwellers to genuine final contenders. But in the space of 1 or 2 weeks whilst Smithy was getting encouraging results and Hagan was seemingly at the reins of a side which showed no heart or guts in round 1 or 2, where up at Newy, there was a turn around where Smithy is already copping a hammering. Now we have Parra fans thanking Newy people for Hagan. The season is young and I'm sure you guys will kick off soon enough.

My advice is too have faith in the bloke, he'll do your club wonders. Good luck for the rest of the season.
The thing that I'm most glad for is we're getting to see how he's built us up for life without Joey, and the future certainly is looking very bright indeed.

lucky7

Juniors
I personally think the long term benefits of having smith at the club will be well worth it if he can organise the juniors and set up systems like they had at parra. We are already seeing players under pressure for their spots having to play to stay in a way and players like abes getting a crack at firsts.
Most importantly i would rather have him at the helm in the up coming post johns era than that tarago hagan

Yosh

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:

Its some kind of illusion or cheat I tells ya. Hagan goes well the first year, then signs a hell of a long contact and does nothing for 6 years. You will probably go well this season but then you guys will hit the sh*thole. Lucky for us we had Joey, you guys have Finch. The future is beyond bleak for you guys. Wonder if the club can survive.

Utey

Coach
I think Parra have learnt their lesson and won't keep another coach long term.

But it seems like you won't have Joey and maybe it is you guys who are in the (as you described it) "a bleak future".

We have a large junior base and some quality depth in the lower grades. I'm not one bit worried. Hagan couldn't possibly do much with the resources he had up there. It'll be interesting to see what he can do at Parramatta where obviously the club is structured better and the set up is A class.

Bicey_18

Bench
We had a stack of talent as well.....guys like Tupou, Ale, Morris, Ennis, Rauhihi, Franze, Tahu etc and what happened? Supercoach lets them go to keep guys like Lowrie, Tanner, Ryder, M Kennedy, Bates etc

Bleak Future? Ours will be fine... We are building nicely for life after Johns, if we keep our juniors and make some smart purchases we will be a force once again no doubt

Utey

Coach
Stranger said:
I dunno if i can take "up the eels" Seriously with the finchy banner. :lol:

:lol::lol: Hey f*ck you buddy!!!

TBH, I wouldn't either ;-)

Yosh

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
I think Parra have learnt their lesson and won't keep another coach long term.

But it seems like you won't have Joey and maybe it is you guys who are in the (as you described it) "a bleak future".

We have a large junior base and some quality depth in the lower grades. I'm not one bit worried. Hagan couldn't possibly do much with the resources he had up there. It'll be interesting to see what he can do at Parramatta where obviously the club is structured better and the set up is A class.

Well our flegg team played in the finals last year. I think we doing okay in that department.

To my knowledge it is Brian Smith who set up those junior bases and club structure which is so A class. I know he will do the same for Newy all we have to do is wait.

Hagan on the other hand is the 'unmaker'. He will unamke all good things at the club and leave it in scraps. As I have mentioned before we had Joey to just keep us afloat. You guys have Finch.:lol: