What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on the Storm

ozreece77

Juniors
comes out today i think.

The Warriors are walking into another sh*tstorm.

You wouldnt credit that it would happen to us twice.

Meth

Staff member
Unbelievable and unfortunate timing

It will be interesting to see if the release of this report will have a similar effect to the initial bombshell.

Micistm

Bench
The Storm are a bunch of arrogant cheats, and if there's any justice the Warriors will be fired up and kick their arse. But I'm fearing the worst tbh.
Can't believe that the players (current) can refuse to co-operate and still be allowed on the field. The ones that were in dodgy set ups, whether they 'knew' about them or not (yeah right) should be suspended effective immediately. It is a disgrace that teams still have to play a cheating team with nothing to lose who may even take a dirty streak into the game. Sorry, it's the Storm we're talking about- I mean an even dirtier streak into the game that they usually do.
It's just incredible that all this can come out and yet no further penalties follow, and players can refuse to co-operate.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Hopefully because this crap has dragged on for so long, it won't have the same emotional impact on the Storm players that it did the last time we met. I also think we're further along as a team than we were.

Having said that, think it was Andrew Johns that commented about the Warriors bringing a gameplan against the Panthers that involved an emphasis on running it up the middle with short passing & quick play the balls. To be honest, that seems to be the stock standard gameplan that we take into every match and have for some time.

As a result, you tend to end up watching one of two Warriors sides. There's the side that is either capable of or is allowed to execute said gameplan to great effect, i.e opposition sides are pressured into opening up through persistent backpeddling, halves have extra time & space to make decisions, players have space and momentum to effectively support ball carrier etc.

Then there's the Warriors side that is unable to get quick play the balls, that is cut down around the ruck, that is stifled at dummy half. That's when the sideways movement comes out, passing without purpose, offloads to static players, poor last tackle options, desperation kicks to Manu's wing, and maybe a couple of tries if we're lucky.

I have no doubt the Storm are good enough to do the things necessary to reduce us to that second type of Warriors side. But the second half performance against Penrith (and Shane Hayne) suggested that we may now have a Warriors side that is capable of dealing with being totally stifled and shutdown for long periods of time. That's more pivotal to me than how the Storm react to their rorting report. Not really expecting us to carve them up, but can we replicate that desperate defensive effort? I'm hoping for a total flip in attitude from both sides compared to our last meeting.

joseph1

Juniors
I hate the storm and its players so much right now that i dont want to go to the game this week and see their cheating ugly mugs. Somebody please make a harsh banner though and boo them back to melbourne. Id be so distraught to lose to these bastards. This week is a must win, id be even more excited to beat them than i was beating penrith last week. Come on boys!

Rich102

Staff member
Will be a great test of where the team is at - and if the changes are justified. I still think so many injured players back at once is too many.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm a little disappointed that they put more dirt in than ever and we were too disciplined to fight back.

Should've started an all-in in the last 5 minutes, targetting Blair in particular :cool:

tbh I find it hard to want Blair to come to the Warriors, completely filthy and a sh*t player on 2010 form.

AliN

Live Update Team
I'm a little disappointed that they put more dirt in than ever and we were too disciplined to fight back.

Should've started an all-in in the last 5 minutes, targetting Blair in particular :cool:

tbh I find it hard to want Blair to come to the Warriors, completely filthy and a sh*t player on 2010 form.

Would love to see that as well.
Trouble is the Storm have nothing to lose by suspension... we do.

ozreece77

Juniors

yeh, im starting to feel the same way. He is a real grub isnt he. I dont like the way he grabs at players legs in the tackle. There is a real intent to cause a serious injury. There is good hard tackling, and then there is just plain lowbreed behaviour and hes veering on the lowbreed side of things at the moment. Dunno if we want someone like that at the club.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
yeh, im starting to feel the same way. He is a real grub isnt he. I dont like the way he grabs at players legs in the tackle. There is a real intent to cause a serious injury. There is good hard tackling, and then there is just plain lowbreed behaviour and hes veering on the lowbreed side of things at the moment. Dunno if we want someone like that at the club.

He doesn't just "veer" that way, he plainly runs around the field on a mission to injure blokes and put them in awkward positions. He seems to be invisible to the refs.

The bigger problem though is that this season he has basically minced around the field being 4th man in, putting on the odd chicken wing, hitting the ball up like Julian Clary, and not doing much else.

hitman82

Bench
Blair also loves weird arm locks - you often see him pulling away with a players' limb locked up. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a very keen BJJ trainer.

Well, I think we have more spine than in recent times - Ta'ai certainly carries a bit of niggle and aggression, as does Packer. But still, I'd love to see a nutcase like Betham just knock someone's head off when they f**k with us... probably Lyons' or Hayne's...

Micistm

Bench
Dirty, dirty players, I was quite shocked at some of it. Have to watch the game again on one of the replays, to double check some of the filthy shots. One stormer actually stood on a warrior playing the ball, and I want to see that again for names to be sure.
Sweet to win, but filthy Hobbits

Latest posts