What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring up Ale vs Bulldogs!

Corbin

Juniors
Whos with me!? with graham out, Elliot should bring Ale up he has been killing it in PL!:)

sydraider

First Grade
Totally agree corbin, Im all for bringing ale up to firsts.

I see graham as a winger not a centre but thats just me.

After that loss, I think we need to inject someone new into the backline, Ale just might be that player!

legend

Coach
Surely Matt Gafa has to go. He offers nothing in attack or defence. At least the other blokes look like doing something. He is pedestrian at best.

sydraider

First Grade
If Moggy is back next week, then no doubt he will be in the team.
There is still room for Ale if we drop Gafa and whack Howell back onto the wing.

sydraider

First Grade
Beat me to it Legend......

My Backline for next week.

1. Schif
2. Chalk
3. Ale
4. Mogg
5. Howell

legend

Coach
No probs from my end either but Withers really needs to have a dig next week. I thought he was one of our worst tonight.

Poida_Raider

Bench
what about that grubber from alan tongue, then the kick ahead for schif.. what great vision from the little fella!

he had a fantastic game for mine.. man of the match. he'll get my 3 points when that thread turns up..

also lomu had some very good runs, to me he runs alot like tyran, he has that same arch in his back as hes running, but didnt make any sh*t mistakes today. conditions looked tough and i thought the team played pretty well and the signs were there. thompson had a pretty good dig too.

on neville costigan. he was showing alot of fire out there today, he made a few mistakes but looked pretty good for the whole game, and wouldnt be a bad purchase for mine if we were truly in the hunt for him.

anyways wasnt a bad performance by us, but i hope we snap this losing streak soon.. preferably next week.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought the Raiders were still missing Smith, they needed better attacking options and none of the halves could provide that tonight.

Lomu and Thompson both had good games and Alan Tongue made 48 tackles and played well tonight, definatly one of your better players on the field.

Schifcofske played well in the back, and the first run he did in his try line was great to watch, good player and I wish he could've got a spot in the Origin side.

Anyways tough luck Raiders, hopefully you guys keep improving and become the threat you once were.

Copa

Bench
Miserable weather there today... not much fun sitting there in the rian for the first half.

Good for the farmers I suppose.

ausraider

Juniors
legend said:
No probs from my end either but Withers really needs to have a dig next week. I thought he was one of our worst tonight.

I never saw this guy as a halfback.He looked good around Smith, but every game without Smith Withers has provided nothing in attack for us.At best he is impact bench player the way Dragons used him.And as far as age is concerned I hope Broncos proved it to us last night no matter how young if you wanna be a First Grader you can do it with whatever talent you've got.Just like Mal ruined the Mac's after Sheens blooded them I am now certain Elliott will do it to Carney and Ale.Ale is hot so lets try him now in place of Gaffa at best he is passenger.

schnitzel

Juniors
I thought Thompson was OUTSTANDING for us in the first twentty and went on with it in the second half. He consistently made 15 metres per run and instead of hitting and dropping he was actually charging through the line, legs pumping. Maybe he is more than a benchie for the future.

Gafa looks uninterested at times, what is it with him fielding kicks with his feet instead of going down on the ball?

maybe Graham should think about tucking the ball tight to his chest when he is crossing the line instead of holding it out in both hands to plant the ball. It's high risk and cost us the first try of the match...

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
the phil attempt of try wasnt his fault he had to dive for the ball and score the try in 1 swoop so i dont blame him for dropping a hard ball in those conditions.

Thompson was incredible when on the park..his go forward was what we needed of him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i acually agree with schnitzil... if graham tucks it under the arms he scores, in those conditions he would have slide across the line very very comfortably

I agree, Thommo was superb last night. Quality effort. Also Tongue, Miller and Lomu impressed. We just bombed too many opportunities. Couldn't convert possession into points, just like last year :(

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Just on the game agaisnt the Dogs next week, where's everyone going to be sitting? Im trying to sort a few things out so I can get to the game.

Timbo

Staff member
I doubt Ale will get the gig.

I get the impression that even if Mogg and Graham were still out, Elliot'd go:

2-Robertson
3-Gafa
4-Howell
5-Gafa

Latest posts