What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bringing The Game Down

gronkathon

First Grade
I have watched a fair bit of the Titans this year and it has become clear to me that the 2011 Titans are akin to the 2009 Sharks.

They bring every game they are involved in down to a lower standard to the point of a dross fest that is almost unwatchable

beave

Coach
God knows what has happened to Scott prince, but he is playing like an old bitch this year.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
God knows what has happened to Scott prince, but he is playing like an old bitch this year.

Have to agree, as I have not seen Prince play so badly, especially his kicking game.

Preston also seems to be making errors every game, also something that has creeped in this year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I was surprised to learn Prince was 31 when I would have thought he was still in his 20s (I keep forgetting that he played 81 games BEFORE his time with the tigers). For every Lockyer who looks ageless there is 10 blokes who decline sharply after 30. I think Prince is one of them.

It's why I don't rate them for next year even after their big buys. They have an aging 7 who will probably only get worse.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Has anyone ever seen a team blow 8 tries in a single game before? I was going for the Tits, but I ended up pissing myself laughing at their sheer ineptitude.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was surprised to learn Prince was 31 when I would have thought he was still in his 20s (I keep forgetting that he played 81 games BEFORE his time with the tigers). For every Lockyer who looks ageless there is 10 blokes who decline sharply after 30. I think Prince is one of them.

It's why I don't rate them for next year even after their big buys. They have an aging 7 who will probably only get worse.

Lost a couple of years with his broken leg at the broncos. The titans look to me like they're playing for next year already.

Hooch

Juniors
They are awful this year.

Prince is in a shocking slump. I'd back him to come out of it at some stage, but I dont think it will be anytime soon.

Just painful to watch them. Tho the looks on Cartwrights face are gold.

Charlie124

First Grade
Last night was just one of those games where even a titans fan could only watch and laugh as time after time after time your team finds a different way to blow it. Absolutely nothing went their way (not unfairly, its just how it was). If i were John Cartwright id just completely forget that the 27th of May ever happend, conduct training all week as normal and drop any player that dares to mention this game.

Write it off.

if i could just defend the 2009 sharks.

the 2009 sharks....lets look at the events that shaped their season

1. before the season kicks off we lose our best player thanks to his innocent until proven guily non assault.
2. we also lose the likes of degois, noddy, peek and nutey. replaced by topou, barrett and later maitua. signings and purchases made in 2008 when there was 1 ref and we could cheat like motherf**kers.

so the season starts

before a ball is kicked off fraser anderson signs with japanese rugby. we sack him..or let him go or whatever.

Round 1

Ben Ross breaks his kneck. misses season.
Brett Kearney does his leg. misses season
round 2.

some COAT takes pics of brett seymour in a bush pissed. he is then forced into a public apology infront of the crowd by the zappia. the sponsors are angry

we lose a bunch of games. it is apparent that we cant score and the coach's hires have backfired spectacularly.in this time it is revealed that the club has

* huge debt. needing 13k crowds to break even. at 1-7 we are looking bad.

theeeeen Four Corners explodes. the ensuing controversy forces long standing sponsors LG and PKF Bail.

Brett Seymour gets sacked..or released...or drunk. either way

the chaser even rub it in.

Paul Gallen gets racial.

Reni Maitua gets busted for PED's. or what ever he was taking.

Johnny Mannah gets cancer

Then its revealed that the CEO punched a girl in the face, is a general scumbag......

he also enlisted the help of a mentally unstable con artist who may or may not be blacktip reefy.

then we won 4 games in a row. then lost another 10. one of which luke douglas was sent off in the one most disgraceful decsions ever by a f**king useless refferee. we still almost won the game but then the reffs stepped in again to f**k us about one last time.

The 2011 Titans

Have..had none of these problems and out side shit.

there is no comparison.

all theyve done is sign a bunch of people for next season and played like busteds because they lack depth due to their cap being tied up in 3-4 players.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Has anyone ever seen a team blow 8 tries in a single game before? I was going for the Tits, but I ended up pissing myself laughing at their sheer ineptitude.
I remember about 1991 Parra at home to Manly when Oconner and Frank Stokes were playing, Parra had about 4 disallowed tries.

Between the lines though, GC blew Canterbury off the park. That has to be remembered. If they are all awarded and converted, they score 54 points.

The Dogs are f*cked. End of story.

anjado

Juniors
I remember about 1991 Parra at home to Manly when Oconner and Frank Stokes were playing, Parra had about 4 disallowed tries.

Between the lines though, GC blew Canterbury off the park. That has to be remembered. If they are all awarded and converted, they score 54 points.

The Dogs are f*cked. End of story.

I remember that game 30-22 i think it may have been the last round of the season. Frank Stokes scored a 100 metre try which is probably why you mentioned him. Think it won him try of the season.