What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
f**k me that was hard to watch.

The first half was more pea hearted than anything we saw last year. Was there a single set where Brisbane didn't make a line break in the first half? The defence was atrocious!

I can't possibly give anyone 3 or 2 points after that performance so i will give 3 players 1 point.

1 cordner
1 Pearce
1 keary

Cordner was at least putting in and the halves did their job with what little ball they had.

I like latrell being hooked, even better was his reaction and i think this will do him the world of good. SKD has to be on his last chance, the diamonds just aren't coming with the rocks at the moment. I have to also point out Friend, he has just done nothing this season.

My only solace is that we are still 4 from 6 and this has been a reality check. I am sure a rocket will be put up them this week and we will at least see a committed side next week. They would want to show up because the Knights would have beaten us tonight.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That was a staggeringly bad defensive performance.

Compare that to the Panthers game.

Holy moly what a disastrous dip in form.

I thought Aubo and Guerra were good. Cordner as usual.

Beyond that I don't have a nice word to say.

Still stunned at the shocking nature of our tackling and disorderly defensive line.

3. Aubo
2. Guerra
1. Cordner

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Our first up contact in defence was atrocious. No one outside of Cords and Aubo hitting and sticking in defence. Too many arm grabs and soft contact. No wonde the Bronx were able to play such a fast uptempo game.

Robbo needs to flog the lot of them at training. We can attack but won't be getting near opposition red zones if the opposition is allowed to make so many metres so easily.

3 Aubo
2 Cords
1 Pearce

SKD -3000
Fergo -2000

I get Robbo hooking Latrell but God damn SKD possibly needs a stint at Wyong for some of his efforts this season.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Will come back with more in depth analysis however having only just gotten back from the game lets go with.
-3 SKD
-2 Fergie Ferg
-1 Gordon

Not that we deserved it but the 7-2 penalty count was a joke. Two 4th tackle penalties killed us.

Last edited:

stringaz

Juniors
I've been loyal to SKD for a long time but it (time) is catching up to him. Make tedesco happen uncle Nick, I think Gordon could play another year but not a good one.

Would our horrible defense have anything to do with Gordons organization from the back?

Shame half the team isn't putting in

adamkungl

Immortal
Messy but obviously you aren't remembering some of the efforts last year if you think that was worse.

stringaz

Juniors
That had 2016 written all over it, 31 missed tackles by halftime. Like Tommy said, the drop off in form is crazy.

I can only assume it's attitude.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Words fail me
Cords 3
Pearce 2 but there was one lame miss in defence by him in the first half which is very much unlike him
Toops 1 He stopped a couple of tries

Aubusson was solid too

I thought Guerra was ok probably no better than recent weeks but his ok was one of our better performances tonight

SKD and Fergo = Dumb and Dumber

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol I just had a dream about Aidan Guerra.

I asked him about the teams performance in this match and we both laughed at how shit we were.

morley101

Juniors
Looks like Bennett gave Robbo a coaching lesson...
Half-time message.. "we didn't expect them to play this way ..."

Our defensive line was a mess. Plenty effort from some players .Guerra had his best game for a while.
I thought last week SKD was on the improve.. wrong! I think its only fair to put Manu in his place we need someone who makes less mistakes.

Looked like Friend picked up a rib injury late in the first half.

Zadar

Juniors
Looks like Bennett gave Robbo a coaching lesson...
Half-time message.. "we didn't expect them to play this way ..."

Our defensive line was a mess. Plenty effort from some players .Guerra had his best game for a while.
I thought last week SKD was on the improve.. wrong! I think its only fair to put Manu in his place we need someone who makes less mistakes.

Looked like Friend picked up a rib injury late in the first half.

Friend has been awful this year, just passes from dummy half to flat footed forwards, he doesn't seem to be able to scoot and create something anymore, didn't think we missed him at all v the dogs.

Cords 3
Guerra 2
Aubo 1

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Friend has been awful this year, just passes from dummy half to flat footed forwards, he doesn't seem to be able to scoot and create something anymore, didn't think we missed him at all v the dogs.

Cords 3
Guerra 2
Aubo 1

It was the match against Souffs Friend missed. Carter and Watson probably do a better job in tandem nowadays. They bring a lot more energy and enthusiasm which was sadly lacking last night.

H.H

Juniors
F*ck me that was atrocious. Defence was putrid literally from our first tackle in the match. I've backed Skids forever but even I'm wavering now. Enough is enough.

Anyway:

3 - Aubs
2 - Cordner
1 - Toupo (in career best form)

I'm with Horrie
3 -Aubusson
2- Cordner
1-Tupou

Did anyone really believe the hype surrounding us this year?
We've had a bit of luck in a lot of those wins and even in last night's loss. Hate to think what the score would've been if the the Hunt try was awarded and that 40-20 late in the first half, given.
The defence was lazy and seem like they were always cutting holes in us.
Thought our kicking game and chase was shite too.
On the bright side, the three players mentioned above.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
3- Roosters fans who paid money to watch that rubbish
2- Roosters fans who had to watch that rubbish on TV
1. Remote control off button that ended that Rubbish

Pathetic limp wristed performance- Robbo cannot be in denial about our second half any longer- sure we were lucky to still be in at half time down by 6. our defence was non existent and our attack is shite and no aggression whatsoever with the hitups - attack only one side the right hand side - left hand side all we can do is the Cordner angled run which every team is awake too or the hail mary kick by Pearce for Toops,

The me and my shadow defence out wide by Fergo and SKD is like naffing Christmas for opposition backs who will lining up to score plenty of meat pies on that side . Mitchell don't know what he is doing always tries to go a intercept or sticks his arm out creating a six again situation often late in the count and does not go looking for the ball or be involved in the play.

Robbo said he saw things he didn't like - he saw them all last year and in a few games already this year - fix them then and introduce a few of these so called NRL players to the reserve grade coach too- get players in who will have a go all the time they are on the field and not make the same errors week in and week out as these players who should be dropped do- Time to meet the reggies coach- Mitchell/Fergo/SKD/Guerra- Toops at least has been having a go so get's a reprieve- Manu/JTS/Carter/Butcher(if not injured) to come into the side.

Knights were unlucky again tonight and are not going to be easy and they will really fancy getting a second win against us

Tommy Smith

Referee
I can't see us beating the Knights next week.

That's how bad we went on Thursday. That was perhaps the worst defensive performance on all areas of the field I've seen from a Roosters team. They offloaded and made line breaks at will. Simply appalling.

The Knights will be desperate and will benefit from a home crowd and home reffing.

Last edited:

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I can't see us beating the Knights next week.

That's how bad we went on Thursday. That was perhaps the worst defensive performance on all areas of the field I've seen from a Roosters team. They offloaded and made line breaks at will. Simply appalling.

The Knights will be desperate and will benefit from a gome crowd and home reffing.

Probably the worst I have ever seen. Considering the line up of rep players we have.

I never saw the Manly drubbing in 2007 nor the Canberra belting of us in 90 or 91?

There was more effort from the 2009 side than the other night and tbh the Bulldogs 60 point drubbing of us was more due to stupidity and fatigue as we had played our 3rd 35 degree heat game in a row then. than The other night, both the left and right edges resembled a under 7s team, some ball watching while others rushing up to grab nothing. Kane Evans was shithouse in the middle too.

Headless Chook

Juniors
The only way I can see us getting anywhere near Newey is if the game is reduced to 40 minutes.

They have been playing with a false sense of superiority and were well and truly found out on Thursday night. Worryingly, this wasn't down to us having an off-night.

Can't see Robbo making too many changes for Fridays game but expect he will punt half the side if we go down.

Latest posts