What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Signings

Big Pete

Referee
Gains:
Losses: Gerard Beale (St. George Illawarra Dragons), Ben Te'o (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Dane Gagai (Released), Petero Civoniceiva (retirement)
Re-Signings: Alex Glenn (2015), Jharal Yow Yeh (2015), Andrew McCullough (2015), Dave Hala (2014), Ben Hunt (2013), Peter Wallace (2014), Corey Norman (2013)
Off-Contract: Mitchell Dodds, Luke Capewell

Last edited:

Smiley

Bench
You can add Petero and Capewell to the off-contract.

I also believe Reed and Beale are off-contract too.

broncos70

Juniors
Beale should leave and play fullback somewhere else. He has way too much potential as a fullback to play on the wing. Plus we have dane Gagai and dale copley in the ranks. I have a feeling Te'os fate is in the hands of david hala. If Hala has a good season I think he'll squeeze Te'o out. I hope we don't lose reed or Gagai. Either way I think we'll lose either beale or gagai and it'll bite us on the ass. I hope the team picks itself because we have way too many backs and second rowers

some11

Referee
Beale should leave and play fullback somewhere else. He has way too much potential as a fullback to play on the wing.

That's the beauty of fullback depth, he is a gun at fullback and can take over if Hoffman goes down.

He only needs to be a decent CTW to be a valuable player.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Any chance of Jack Reed joining Leeds Rhinos when his contract finishes at the end of this year? Gary Hetherington the Leeds CE is visiting Australia and NZ and the Broncos was one of his stops!

You would think with Hodges aging and the amount of time he spends off the field, and how good Reeds debut season was, the Broncos wouldn't let him go easily because the rest of our centre stocks aren't terribly great.

Smiley

Bench
Channel Nine spoke a little about the situation with Beale. The Broncos hope to have him re-signed before the start of the season but will have to accept a deal much less then other clubs have offered.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I know that has worked before and hopefully it can work again by having a player want to stay at a club, but with the way sportsman are going these days loyalty doesn't mean that much. But i have a feeling that Beale wants to stay at the club so hopefully the Broncos can sign him up

AuDragon

Juniors
I don't think money is the only thing. He's also covered by better players in his preferred positions: Hoffman at Fullback and Hodges/Reed at Centre. And even if Hodges doesn't have many years left in him, Yow Yeh has his eye on his Jersey as well...

And let's not forget Kahu and Gagai want a piece of the pie as well.

beads6

First Grade
Problem with Reed not being a long term centre is we have an awesome backrow. Also why would we even worry about moving him at this stage.

Big Pete

Referee
Because we're talking about Beale's future at the club.

In the long term, he could fill that centre position.

Latest posts