What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

ImTheMan

Juniors
I thought we got rid of you a few years back. You are a like a forum dangleberry sticking to arse pubes.
There's the "informed" post, though if you scroll through this thread in my absence there is plenty of disagreement. What point would you like to discuss? I haven't felt challenged yet tbh, I got sick of Gronk running his mouth about Hayne and Pell when both were and are now innocent. I get tired of being right honestly when people just engage on a surface level.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers

ImTheMan

Juniors
a1c7968375cf2453471131e1c6cd649c.jpg
Science is not a consensus and John Oliver is not a credible source. Sorry I'm catching up

strider

Post Whore
I've heard you say that often. However apart from she plays for the other team, what specifically has she done that makes her a dumb or incompetent ? Or is it just the vibe ?

She actually is a highly respected prosecutor, who went on to be District Attorney and then Attorney General in CA over a period of 30 years.
Seriously ... i think she is on the turps half the time ... at least that would be an excuse. If she isnt then she is genuinely not right. Selina Myer was a parody before its time. Kamala is meant to be a serious VP.

Google kamala harris word salad .... theres a shitload of videos of her ... talks for minutes, says nothing of meaning, just repeats the same phrase 5 or 6 times with no real point. And cackles like a lunatic to cover up her awkward shit.

As for her highly respected DA/AG roles. Yeah, highly respected by the private prison system she helped make money

Isnt she also in charge of USA borders security the last few years? ... 8+ million more illegals than any presidential term ... job well done

Gronk

Staff member
Seriously ... i think she is on the turps half the time ... at least that would be an excuse. If she isnt then she is genuinely not right. Selina Myer was a parody before its time. Kamala is meant to be a serious VP.

Google kamala harris word salad .... theres a shitload of videos of her ... talks for minutes, says nothing of meaning, just repeats the same phrase 5 or 6 times with no real point. And cackles like a lunatic to cover up her awkward shit.

As for her highly respected DA/AG roles. Yeah, highly respected by the private prison system she helped make money

Isnt she also in charge of USA borders security the last few years? ... 8+ million more illegals than any presidential term ... job well done
Ok so it’s the vibe. “She looks drunk and cackles” is no different to the superficial “he mumbles incoherently” applied to Trump / Biden. There’s videos! Not the most intelligent way of assessing ability and leadership, but here we are. Populism and identity politics drives passionate opinions

===============

No she isn’t “in charge” of borders.

Can I just say something about borders. The government sat down with the Republicans and said ~ what do you think needs to happen at the border, where does money need to be spent, what strategies need to be implemented. That committee then drafted a detailed bipartisan bill that would go a long way to combating the flow across the southern border. It was a package that was carefully crafted with a lean towards republican ideals.

What has been happening since February? The MAGA merkins sabotaged it.

Gronk

Staff member
In other news the Jan 6 insurrection case has received the Supreme Court verdict on presidential immunity. In a 6-3 decision, as anticipated a carve out has been assented. As much as Trump is claiming it as a victory, it’s not.

Constutional lawyers will now be left to argue that Trump, when in caretaker mode, sought to inhibit the peaceful transition of power. Was that official act of his presidency or not ? Well, political biased layperson opinions aside, it will be a matter of Trump to convince the court that his scheme to f**k over was part of his day to day job. Was he “protecting democracy” or was it just underhanded shenanigans ?

• Parallel Electors: Pro-Trump groups in states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and New Mexico submitted their own slates of electors to cast votes for Trump.
• Certification of Biden’s Win: These states had already officially certified Joe Biden as the winner and had submitted the legitimate electoral votes for him.
• Submission to Congress: The fake electors submitted their false certifications to Congress, hoping they would be considered during the official count of the Electoral College votes on January 6.
• Intent: The goal was to create confusion and provide Vice President Mike Pence and Congress with a pretext to reject the legitimate electoral votes and either accept the fake ones or delay the certification, potentially throwing the election to the House of Representatives where Republicans had a state delegation advantage.
• Legal and Political Pressure: Trump and his allies pressured state officials and Pence to recognize the fake electors instead of the legitimate ones.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote:
"Under our constitutional structure of separated powers, the nature of presidential power entitles a former president to absolute immunity from criminal prosecution for actions within his conclusive and preclusive constitutional authority.
"And he is entitled to at least presumptive immunity from prosecution for all his official acts. There is no immunity for unofficial acts."
But the dissenting justices warned the decision could lead to "nightmare scenarios". Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote:
"When [the president] uses his official powers in any way, under the majority's reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy's Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune."

ImTheMan

Juniors
Ok so it’s the vibe. “She looks drunk and cackles” is no different to the superficial “he mumbles incoherently” applied to Trump / Biden. There’s videos! Not the most intelligent way of assessing ability and leadership, but here we are. Populism and identity politics drives passionate opinions

===============

No she isn’t “in charge” of borders.

Can I just say something about borders. The government sat down with the Republicans and said ~ what do you think needs to happen at the border, where does money need to be spent, what strategies need to be implemented. That committee then drafted a detailed bipartisan bill that would go a long way to combating the flow across the southern border. It was a package that was carefully crafted with a lean towards republican ideals.

What has been happening since February? The MAGA merkins sabotaged it.

Biden (under order from his masters) literally halted the almost completed wall in his first days of office. Sabotage?

Gronk

Staff member
Biden (under order from his masters) literally halted the almost completed wall in his first days of office. Sabotage?
Do me a favour, stop talking in fantasy and just talk facts. If you think you have a role on educating people who read this thread, trim down, post credible links and stop with the "I have privileged information" BS. You're a nuffy like me. Deal with it.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Do me a favour, stop talking in fantasy and just talk facts. If you think you have a role on educating people who read this thread, trim down, post credible links and stop with the "I have privileged information" BS. You're a nuffy like me. Deal with it.

"What the border wall executive order said
The claim is referring to Biden’s executive order that ended border wall construction projects and will redirect the project funds elsewhere.

In his proclamation, Biden wrote that the government would no longer divert taxpayer dollars to construct a border wall. It is one of several executive actions the president signed since taking office on Jan. 20.

Even in the past, Biden has made it clear he has no intention of tearing down existing border walls. In August, Biden told NPR that he would end construction of the border wall, but he would not tear down the parts of the barrier that were built during the Trump administration.

“There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration,” he said."

Name one not credible link/privileged information, it was literally an executive order.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

"What the border wall executive order said
The claim is referring to Biden’s executive order that ended border wall construction projects and will redirect the project funds elsewhere.

In his proclamation, Biden wrote that the government would no longer divert taxpayer dollars to construct a border wall. It is one of several executive actions the president signed since taking office on Jan. 20.

Even in the past, Biden has made it clear he has no intention of tearing down existing border walls. In August, Biden told NPR that he would end construction of the border wall, but he would not tear down the parts of the barrier that were built during the Trump administration.

“There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration,” he said."

Name one not credible link/privileged information, it was literally an executive order.

if you read it fully, that post was made to correct another Trump lie, in that he said Biden was gonna tear the wall down, which was bullshit

the guy couldn't lie straight in bed

ImTheMan

Juniors
if you read it fully, that post was made to correct another Trump lie, in that he said Biden was gonna tear the wall down, which was bullshit

the guy couldn't lie straight in bed
It was read, not the claim just went with the top link. There is nothing not factual about it.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Albo promised to cut power bills by 275 a year before taking office when asked by multiple journalists on different occasions. Is that straight in bed?

Latest posts