What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Signings

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Yeah, OK. And I don't think Te'o will be resigned, unless it is for peanuts.

So leaves Beale, which I guess a wait-and-see approach suits

jakepearce94

Juniors
Te'o, Dodds, Capewell and Beale i think will leave the club. Disappointed that Te'o is probably on the outer at the club. Just Proves how much depth we have in our squad, that a great player is being forced out of the team. We Need to re-sign Reed asap if we havent already(i thought we had :/). Beale is a top quality fullback and needs to do whats best for his career. If Beale leaves we should re-sign Gagai and put him on the wing because i consider him a real talent. Hopefully Petero pulls up alright after this year and plays on for another one or two haha

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Yeah, I think having Petero around for another couple of years until Hala and the like step up would be very beneficial... But I guess he will step into a prop coaching role as soon as he finishes anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
The future of Ben Te'o is still clouded.

Not only was his manager suspended for his involvement in the Storm scandal but he's being courted by the Rabbits & Doggies who are throwing him comparably larger contracts to make the move down south.

Bretto

Bench
Te'o should go for it. He'll get more money to go to another club, and he'll most likely get a starting position every week.

The Broncos are so blessed with backrowers it's embarrasing. There's still Jack Reed to move to the back row maybe next year, and bring a young guy in from NYC to play centres, or, if Yow Yeh is back for next year, move him to the centres with hodges (both blokes are 6"3+ and 100kgs) and move Gagai to the wing.

Te'o is a good backrower - he's got good ball skills, he runs the ball hard, has a good offload and is a stern defender. But, unfortunately for him, all the other Brisbane backrowers posses the same qualities, and can probably be had for much less money than Ben would command ATM.

Kiwi

First Grade
In the romours section someone has mentioned Beau Ryan to the Broncos, good player but do we need him?

Bretto

Bench
In the romours section someone has mentioned Beau Ryan to the Broncos, good player but do we need him?

He's a solid winger, but no - we don't need him. I'd also want him to stop all his shit on The Footy Show if he came to the Broncos. I would be embarrassed if he still did that shit while he was at my club.

Kiwi

First Grade
He's a solid winger, but no - we don't need him. I'd also want him to stop all his shit on The Footy Show if he came to the Broncos. I would be embarrassed if he still did that shit while he was at my club.

I think he is alittle better than solid, also find the stuff he does quite funny, love the benji, could see him doing the Thaiday if he came to brisbane.

Bretto

Bench
I think he is alittle better than solid, also find the stuff he does quite funny, love the benji, could see him doing the Thaiday if he came to brisbane.

Some of what he does is funny. I loved the Benji bit, but do you really see Anthony Griffin and co as the kind of people who would like to see that kind of stuff from one of their players?

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Is it for real? He just seems like the opposite of a Bronco!

I won't believe the Broncos are targeting him unless I see a quote from a club official.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't see why we'd sign a winger like Beau.

He's in good form, don't get me wrong but he's not exceptionally gifted or anything. Just a solid back who gets his hands dirty (think he takes the most dummy half runs of any back in the competition, including J. Hodges!).

The only backs I'd sign are those talented players who lack discipline but could be good under a good coach.

Players like Vidot, Fai Fai Loa, Ferguson etc. come to mind.

justagamemate

Juniors
In RLW this week there was an article on Dane Gagai. He mentioned you guys signed his younger brother. Not too sure what position he plays.

some11

Referee
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ach-rivals-stars/story-e6frep76-1226450420463

"The answer is simple - we have not even contemplated looking at players from other clubs," Broncos chief executive Paul White said yesterday.

"I want to back the players we have already invested in.

"I support what has been done to secure the majority of our playing roster and the development systems we have in place that have always served this club well.

"That is not to say we will not ever be in the market for players from other clubs.

"But I can guarantee you it is certainly not something we are pursuing at the moment."

Last edited:

Latest posts