What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos' Justin Hodges in doubt for semi-final clash

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26090765-23209,00.html

September 18, 2009
Brisbane Broncos representative centre Justin Hodges is in doubt for Saturday night's NRL knockout semi-final against St George Illawarra.
Hodges failed to train with the team at Red Hill on Friday morning and Broncos coach Ivan Henjak confirmed his place in Saturday night's backline was not secure.

Henjak, however, would not elaborate on Hodges's latest injury other than to say he was "feeling tight".

Hodges complained of tightness, believed to be in the hamstring area, after training on Tuesday and was still stiff when the team ran on Friday morning.

If Hodges fails to come up on Saturday morning, young New Zealander Alex Glenn is expected to be promoted from the bench into the starting line-up with another youngster Josh McGuire joining the interchange.

"We could live without it, but we'll check him tomorrow (Saturday) and hopefully he will be all right," said Henjak, dismissing suggestions of any mind games with former Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett.

"It would be a pretty big blow if he's out, but we're confident that whoever plays will do a good job.

"We've been through enough adversity this year to get over little hurdles like this, or big hurdles like this, and it's not definite he's out yet."

The Dragons trained in Sydney on Friday morning and are expected to arrive in Brisbane, where they have a 6-1 winning record, on Friday afternoon.

j0nesy

Bench
It doesn't matter whether he plays or not we are going to bash the Broncos out of the semis. In fact I hope he plays, Cooper will smash him in defence.

I'm getting pumped about this game.

TheRev

First Grade
Yeah Id say he will play.. 'tightness' isnt an injury, he just wants a days rest.

But id be happy for him not too, he is their 2nd most dangerous player (behind Lockyer).

ghostface

Juniors
I was told that Weyman would be out due to injury, however, i just read in the telegraph that he should be right to go. Fingers crossed

God-King Dean

Immortal
You'd never know if Boyd was injured.

Trainer: Holy f**cking sh*t! You've snaped your leg in 3 different places, the bone has pierced the skin, & there's f**king maggots everywhere!

Boyd: Yeah, nah, it'll be good.

TheRev

First Grade
*yawn* we can have this discussion tomorrow night.

Parra v Dogs game will be awesome too.

Jarrod u r a dribbler saints have been the most consistant
team all yr they didn't have two win last Sunday just like
parra didn't need to win the week b 4..
And for bris ur bubble is about to burst u will not win the gf
souths have better shot at it this yr then bris.
Dave Taylor will have no impactwat so ever on sat night and
big Dell will run riot. And they will all sing..
Owen the saints go marching in.

Dragons v parra gf. Wat a dream game

f**k me fire up!!!

j0nesy

Bench
Did you mean the same forward pack that kicked your arse (at home) a month ago ?

If you call Dave Taylor (120kg) running at Soward (80kg) dominating the forwards.

We beat you comfortably up at Brisbane earlier in the season, which makes it 1 a piece. We'll see what happens tonight. I'm quietly confident that the Dragon's will get up. We've got the forwards and you guys have got the backs, so it should be an interesting contest.